PDA

View Full Version : newport docks, Public. secret is out

bryanisfishing
05-09-2007, 11:02 AM
OKay.. those public docks down in newport aren't a secret. There are only a handful so you'll find them eventually, but the hot spot seems to be on the balboa penisula side, near the 7-11 or behind it, as you take the 55 south down towards newport. It could be the one near the newport pier, or if you want, try 17th street or 15th, or something, dock. that's public. or you can fish M street dock. LIVE BAIT IS THE KEY. make it somehow, somewhere, but MAKE LIVE BAIT. or keep throwing plastics all day.

sonarbp
05-09-2007, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the info bryanisfishing......I launch from either "M" street or 15th street when I tube Newport. Maybe I will give the little public piers around there a shot!

sonarbp

one_leg
05-09-2007, 12:51 PM
The ones with Blue handrails are public.

jplee3
05-09-2007, 12:55 PM
The ones with Blue handrails are public.

Also be forewarned - you need a license when you're out there. And the piers are open from 6am-10pm, I believe. If you are caught in the off-hours, I hear the price to pay is hefty.

spiceguy
05-09-2007, 03:45 PM
I'm speechless

SanDimasLMB
05-09-2007, 05:42 PM
I'm speechless :|

Brad100
05-09-2007, 05:59 PM
Also, the docks are mainly for boaters who want to go ashore for a bite to eat, drink, etc.

All of the guys I've met at the docks were happy to move their fishing lines for the boat. One time, however, a guy got really p*ssed that I wanted to tie up on "his" dock... so I had to kill him... fresh dead bait... yum!

Can't we all just get along? lol

Just wanted to make the point that the docks are for boats.

Halibut Dude
05-09-2007, 06:18 PM
near 7=11 is a kick *** spot

Troutman65
05-09-2007, 09:37 PM
Brad100,

LMAO!!!!!!

Brad100
05-10-2007, 07:59 AM
Brad100,

LMAO!!!!!!

Huh?

flyngby
05-10-2007, 10:32 PM
Too all searching for the HOT SPOT there is a lot of dicussion going on which I had hoped for and I am gathering intel as you all work on it and I may find a new spot. Thanks for that!!!

IT IS NO SECRET!!!!

There are 6 to 8 Public Docks and multiple other spots for ground based tossers at the following locations not in order starting out by the wedge. They are usually identified by the street they are located on.

M St. (Strong currents with the tides.)
Davies Locker (I think you have to pay)
Coronado St. (Just north of Davies and near Fun Zone!!) Lots of cover for fish.
The Mystery Spot!
15th St. (Some cover.)
Ruby St. (On the Island near the Ferry)
Opal St. (On the Island near the Ferry)
A Beach in the harbor with good Butt possibilities.
Some beach area near the PCH over crossing in the North Bay.

Any many more to be explored!!

Good luck to all!!

As some have expressed that there is a need to Catch & Cast the Live Bait or to use The Plastics it may be their Obsession.

I'LL TELL YOU HONESTLY THAT NOT "1" OFF OUR PHOTOS IN THE PAST 4 POSTINGS WERE CAUGHT ON PLASTICS OR ARTIFICIAL METAL/BAITS.

THE COUNT IS ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THATS WHY THE KITTY GOT THE TREAT!!!

ALL WERE CAUGHT ON THE FROZEN CUT AND SLOW MOVING PURCHASED BAIT!!!!

THEE SECRET IS THE DROPPINGS FROM THE BURGERS AND DOGS!!!!!!!!!!