PDA

View Full Version : breathable or neoprene??

YAHOO!
02-13-2008, 02:07 PM
for tubeing the sierras do you guys suggest breathable or neoprene waders?

thanks

Z-TUNAKILLER
02-13-2008, 03:26 PM
for tubeing the sierras do you guys suggest breathable or neoprene waders?

thanks

hey YAHOO, I have breathable waders with neoprene socks, never used the up in the sierras, but i fish the san juan river, NM and fish all day in water over my waist, i wear long johns under and have wading boots, never had a problem with cold water.

Z

FISH ON !

YAHOO!
02-13-2008, 04:50 PM
thanks for that z-tunakiller. breathable will be muck more comfortable

Nessie Hunter
02-13-2008, 05:21 PM
I have fished South Lake with Ice Bergs floating by....

Breathables with Levis & sweats under and I was fine... Cant beat the Breathables for versatility .... :banana:

fishmounter
02-13-2008, 05:46 PM
For cold water I wear Neoprene. The only problem is they are harder to get into because they are a tighter fit and also when you gotta take a leak, they are harder to peel down. I believe they are a little cheaper than breathables too. I wear mine all the time in the late winter/early spring seasons.

05sti
02-18-2008, 09:45 PM
breathable waders are perfect for so cal lakes. i wear some mesh shorts under my waders in case i have to get out and use the lavorty really easy and after im done fishing i have something comfortable to wear on the way home.

aboos
03-11-2008, 01:04 PM
sierras during the summer..breathable. i take that back..sierras any time, breathable. you can always wear sweats under the waders if it gets cold. even sometimes, if its super hot, i just wear boardshorts and jump in the tube :D

Brian_GSC
03-11-2008, 02:52 PM
breathable for sure.

IncredibleHuck
03-11-2008, 04:33 PM
I have fished South Lake with Ice Bergs floating by....

Breathables with Levis & sweats under and I was fine... Cant beat the Breathables for versatility .... :banana:

I used to think Neoprene was the way to go, untill I picked up some nice Breathables, and just like Nessie I have fished right by the ice. Two years ago we tubed Twin Lakes which was still halfway frozen over and under the breathables all I had was some fleece pants and I was fine.

This year however, i'm gonna go and pick up some sweet Underarmor for my legs and use that.

The problem with the Neoprene is that it'll keep you warm at first, but once you start to sweat, your legs will get cold as the sweat has no where to go, unlike the breathables which will let the sweat escape.

GotBass?
03-12-2008, 06:16 PM
have had the same pair of Simms Gor-Tek breathable waders going on their 3rd year and have fished them from freezing sierra lakes and streams in fall and spring to winter in the surf and never had a problem with being cold (in winter i sport the snowboarding pants under the waders), but just got a very minor hole in them in the last week or so, easy fix. i would say breathable all the way

DiskoCrisco
03-30-2008, 04:47 PM
I've gone throug 2 pairs of breathable both have leaked after a year or so. I am currently on my 3rd year of hodgeman neoprene waders with the attached boot. I am really happy with them. People rightly argue that they are hot and they have a point. But I only use them when it's cold. In the summer time I'll just wear some board shorts and old shoes out. I like the hodgemans alot. I go into some pretty cold water with them and stay warm. They're very tuff. They're very tight fitting though so heads up. There's not alot left up to the imagination if you know what I mean. PLUM SMUGGLERS! there. i said it. anyways. good luck. hope this helped.

olfishergal
03-30-2008, 05:38 PM
I've gone throug 2 pairs of breathable both have leaked after a year or so. I am currently on my 3rd year of hodgeman neoprene waders with the attached boot. I am really happy with them. People rightly argue that they are hot and they have a point. But I only use them when it's cold. In the summer time I'll just wear some board shorts and old shoes out. I like the hodgemans alot. I go into some pretty cold water with them and stay warm. They're very tuff. They're very tight fitting though so heads up. There's not alot left up to the imagination if you know what I mean. PLUM SMUGGLERS! there. i said it. anyways. good luck. hope this helped.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: