PDA

View Full Version : Where to keep a tube

otisdis
02-13-2008, 11:10 AM
Alright guys I just got my first float tube this week and almost everything I need for it but I was wondering when the float tube is not in use, where do you keep?? Do you let all the air out or just some of it?? Do you keep it in the house or garage or your car? I want to take care of it as much as possible so it can last. Thanks guys in advance.

BakoBassin
02-13-2008, 11:26 AM
I just let all the air out and hang mine on the wall in the garage.

cappo
02-13-2008, 11:53 AM
Store it in big plastic storage box. Of course with all the air out. Also can throw your fins and waders in there. Only after hang drying though or else gets moldy.

Z-TUNAKILLER
02-13-2008, 12:09 PM
Alright guys I just got my first float tube this week and almost everything I need for it but I was wondering when the float tube is not in use, where do you keep?? Do you let all the air out or just some of it?? Do you keep it in the house or garage or your car? I want to take care of it as much as possible so it can last. Thanks guys in advance.

hey 0, i have a toon and i leave about 1/2 full, store in cool, dry & dark part of my garage, if i leave it my van, same thing 1/2 full crack the windows, i wouldn't leave it full in the car/garage if it gets to HOT it can POP . :explode:

Z

FISH ON !

Flying
02-13-2008, 11:03 PM
I tube almost every week so I never let all the air out.
It hangs on the wall in the garage 3/4 full.
Its a Bucks Bags Bullet going on about 13 years with only one zipper problem.

Socal Bassman
02-14-2008, 12:26 PM
During the colder months when I won't be using it often, I let all the air out and hang it on the wall in my room. Otherwise, it's hanging on the wall with 3/4 air.

otisdis
02-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Alright thanks guys, I only need waders and I am good to go.

everm
02-26-2008, 02:32 PM
Check ebay when you're ready to buy your waders. I've purchased two brand new breathable ones each for under $40 including shipping.

E

DiskoCrisco
03-10-2008, 05:57 PM
Alright thanks guys, I only need waders and I am good to go.

hodgman neoprene forever!

aboos
03-11-2008, 12:06 PM
hodgman neoprene forever!

hodgman are a decent brand..good pricing and decent quality for what i use em for..but for so cal, neoprenes are too hot! i like breathables cuz one, theyre cooler (and you can always wear sweats for those super cold mornings), two, theyre MUCH lighter than neoperene (when wet and dry) and three, much easier to get in and out of. just my two cents on waders

Jumpingfish
03-11-2008, 03:45 PM
Store it in big plastic storage box. Of course with all the air out. Also can throw your fins and waders in there. Only after hang drying though or else gets moldy.

I agree. I do the same thing. Keeps everything organized and easy to move when needed.

DiskoCrisco
03-12-2008, 09:16 PM
hodgman are a decent brand..good pricing and decent quality for what i use em for..but for so cal, neoprenes are too hot! i like breathables cuz one, theyre cooler (and you can always wear sweats for those super cold mornings), two, theyre MUCH lighter than neoperene (when wet and dry) and three, much easier to get in and out of. just my two cents on waders

That's true about the lighter and hotter but i've never had a pair that made it more than a season without leaking on me. I've been using the same neoprene pair with boots for over 2 years. Usually i go to board shorts and wading shoes when it gets hotter.