PDA

View Full Version : SCI Winter Bassin

Seatech
02-13-2008, 10:34 AM
Went over with a few friends on Saturday. Flat glassy ride 35+ MPH over and back. Huge swell on the backside kept us pretty much on the east end and then up the front side.

Got to try a few protoype 316 Lures baits and throw the 6" Huddlestons for the calicos. Not too many big fish but a few decent ones.

It was a great day!!

Only down side was we kept gettin bothered by these things all day...

http://www.senortuna.com/pics/data/500/hudcallie.jpg

...on the new Huddlestons...

http://www.senortuna.com/pics/data/500/hudcallie5.JPG

http://www.senortuna.com/pics/data/500/hudcallie3.jpg

http://www.senortuna.com/pics/data/500/IMG_03251.JPG

http://www.senortuna.com/pics/data/500/IMG_0327.JPG

http://www.senortuna.com/pics/data/500/IMG_0328.JPG

Saw whales, Rizzo dolphins and a HUGE wave, maybe 10-15+ foot face (no joke) break from the reef outside China all the way over China Point into the cove and fully cover the rocks on the East End of China Point. Scary thing was we were fishing the inner spot, that got covered up by 8 feet of whitewater, only 15 mintues before. Talk about a sneaker set and getting caught inside!!!

Team Smelly Fishy in safer waters

http://www.senortuna.com/pics/data/500/DSC_0497.JPG

A few others went on Sunday and got into some bigger fish on the backside.

Ed

chris
02-13-2008, 11:35 AM
nice fish

fleaflicker
02-13-2008, 05:08 PM
WTG on the nice bass!

Is that the lil Cheezy 1?

NICE BASS :D

Baseballer44
02-13-2008, 05:35 PM
Dude, so awesome. Great job on getting all the way out there and getting some quality calicos.

....and way to let them live.

reckless_m@
02-13-2008, 06:13 PM
Sick Ed! Especially on the greenie swimmies :twisted:

ahhvtec
02-13-2008, 06:34 PM
Nice haul! How long was the boat ride and what time did you leave here for there?

Wildhorse1966
02-13-2008, 08:31 PM
Nice haul! How long was the boat ride and what time did you leave here for there?

you already getting the same idea i am ???????????????????????????? :banana: :banana:

JapanRon
02-13-2008, 08:39 PM
Hi Seatech,

As always nice trip, report, and pics. CGeez Ya ... I can imagine a face that size could easily pretty much put boat and anglers through the grinder ... literally.

Good to hear all is ok!

JapanRon

FISHNMOFO
02-13-2008, 08:59 PM

you already getting the same idea i am ???????????????????????????? :banana: :banana:

ditto! :banana:

ed u have the same boat as mine! i have been thinkin about a trip there since i saw your first report form SCI on your boat!!

ahhvtec
02-13-2008, 09:28 PM

ditto! :banana:

ed u have the same boat as mine! i have been thinkin about a trip there since i saw your first report form SCI on your boat!!
Hey bitches find your own ho! Well??? LOL. I keed, I keed...

DrGrnthmb
02-14-2008, 01:03 AM
WTG!Sweet choice on the swimmie :twisted: how'd you keep it from hangin' on the kelp?
8)

Seatech
02-14-2008, 07:09 AM

So what, do i put myself up on EBAY???? :D :D

It's about 70-75 miles one way, just to the island. Then all the extra mileage depending on where you go and fish. On a flat day it's around 2 - 2.5 hours (my boat does about 35mph max). The rougher it get's the slower the trip. Our longest (read roughest) trip was 4.5 hours back from SCI, just brutal!!!

PM me if you want more info or to talk to me about how to plan a trip over there. It takes a bit more detail/planiing than a trip to Cat and you are along way from anyone over there.

We usually leave around 4am-4:30.

As for the swimbaits, they all get hung up in the kelp from time to time, that's just part of the game. The Huddlestons did not get hung up too much and we were throwing them right over the tops of the kelp mats. My feeling is if I'm not getting hung up once in a while, I'm not in the right place for big calicos!

Ed

Brad100
02-14-2008, 07:51 AM
Went over with a few friends on Saturday. Flat glassy ride 35+ MPH over and back.
Ed

WOW, how rare it that??? Had to be a lot of boat fun, eh?

reckless_m@
02-14-2008, 11:08 AM
Went over with a few friends on Saturday. Flat glassy ride 35+ MPH over and back.
Ed

Ed I think my dad's speed to Clemente is somewhere around 45-50 MPH......on average :shock:
Thats what tennis grip on the rails is for! :twisted:

ahhvtec
02-14-2008, 11:39 AM

So what, do i put myself up on EBAY???? :D :D

It's about 70-75 miles one way, just to the island. Then all the extra mileage depending on where you go and fish. On a flat day it's around 2 - 2.5 hours (my boat does about 35mph max). The rougher it get's the slower the trip. Our longest (read roughest) trip was 4.5 hours back from SCI, just brutal!!!

PM me if you want more info or to talk to me about how to plan a trip over there. It takes a bit more detail/planiing than a trip to Cat and you are along way from anyone over there.

We usually leave around 4am-4:30.

As for the swimbaits, they all get hung up in the kelp from time to time, that's just part of the game. The Huddlestons did not get hung up too much and we were throwing them right over the tops of the kelp mats. My feeling is if I'm not getting hung up once in a while, I'm not in the right place for big calicos!

Ed
Way cool bro would like to hit it up soon.

one_leg
02-14-2008, 11:51 AM
Last sunday was greasy seas all the way to Catalina.

Used to dive there a couple times a year. Wanna fish there this year.

I got some numbers for a great rockfish pile on the backside. :secret:

One_Leg

Seatech
02-14-2008, 12:27 PM
Ed

Ed I think my dad's speed to Clemente is somewhere around 45-50 MPH......on average :shock:
Thats what tennis grip on the rails is for! :twisted:

Ohh no doubt that boat hauls!!! But I think thanks why he's also destroyed a few rookie SCI bass fishermen, trolling motors heads and ran outta gas :shock: :shock: :shock: Sorry, couldn't help on that last one. Did he ever show you the gas can we all signed and gave him at last year's MDR Tourney???

Ed

reckless_m@
02-15-2008, 07:39 PM
Ohh no doubt that boat hauls!!! But I think thanks why he's also destroyed a few rookie SCI bass fishermen, trolling motors heads and ran outta gas :shock: :shock: :shock: Sorry, couldn't help on that last one. Did he ever show you the gas can we all signed and gave him at last year's MDR Tourney???

Ed

lol! I know all about it. The can has a special place in the garage in all its glory :mrgreen: