PDA

View Full Version : Long beach harbor today

xahx
05-08-2007, 11:18 PM
A friend and i went out to long beach harbor to test the waters since the weather was so great today. We fished between the 2 oil rig islands and near the bait float. We didnt get too close to the rocks.

We ended up not catching too much but we did get:

1 Scorpion fish
2 Yellow Croakers
1 Sand bass

We went out at 6-9 pm and used squid only. We had a lot of bites but only few hooks, was pretty fun. We had a good time!

POSTAL
05-09-2007, 03:51 PM
you gotta fish on the wall .best bite the closer you get 8)

xahx
05-09-2007, 09:27 PM
i will def keep note on that and report what happens to ya!

thanks!

POSTAL
05-09-2007, 10:22 PM
p.s. the ocean side produces wayyy more .. 8)Just be aware if there is any swell out there esp south swell..

xahx
05-10-2007, 10:48 PM
i got a large boat, its kidna hrd to get so close to rocks,, dangerous.....

xahx
05-10-2007, 10:52 PM
Edit***

Nessie Hunter
05-11-2007, 08:53 AM
oughta get a commercial net and scoop all the fish from the bottom, schools at a time =DDDDDD

lol

Last 3 posts Ive seen from you have all been pretty negative as far as caring about people and the legalities of fishing...

Hiding from the DFG.

I hope Catalina burning doesnt affect my fishing..

Now this one....

I think your going to have some problems here.... :evil: :evil:

05-11-2007, 10:07 AM
LMAO Frank...

This kid just keeps diggin himself deeper.. :lol:

xahx
05-11-2007, 10:15 AM
i was obviously joking... i am aware of all the legalities when it comes to sport fishing. Notice the LOL at the end. Pure sign of saracsasm.

UFIshing out there i would 100% resepect the others out there. I think tehre needs o be some humor here rather than 100% serious fish talk anyway.

Thats now to make buddies.. I am a very cool guy with lotsa resources, Please dont take my saracasm and judge me saolely based upon silly remarks. I may be young (24), but i am not a retard. SO please keep your insults to your yerself, until i somehow mention something that is attacking you in anyway. This is a helpful community and lets kep it that way.

I dont believe i am digging any holes deeper, I am a noob here and need to learn the ropes, with a side of humor. Im sorry if my humor is not to your liking. Anyway, if anyone else has any positive things to say, please do.

05-11-2007, 10:18 AM
How big is your boat? I'll be your fishing buddy....

xahx
05-11-2007, 10:41 AM
got a brand new 2007 meridian 411, its quite a beauty.

If i could make a buddy (someone i can trust) i would love them to show me the hot spots for fishing.. but negetive remarks from unnammed individuals give me the idea that they are assholes in person and ppl i would want to stay away from.

Nessie Hunter
05-11-2007, 10:48 AM
xahx,,

Were you also KIDDING about hiding from the DFG ???? Who just bother you with tickets etc..

Were you also kidding about the Catalina Fire ruining your fishing?????

I dont think Randy was pleased by that comment and your PM's either..

You may be the nicest guy in the world.. But that was a poor start to building any relationships or making friends here, or anywhere for that matter....

05-11-2007, 10:53 AM
That would be hard to catch fish on.....but I'm game...I'll show you some spots....Lets fish..

xahx
05-11-2007, 10:57 AM
There s not reason to hide from the DFG, i understand limits, it was just a general question.
I would like to build a healthy network here in this community.

I never said that the fire would ruin my fishing, obvsiouly if i came off selfish, i am not, natural disasters are terrible and hope the best for all on the island, but like i mentioned my dad and i have planned this trip for 3 weeks and unfortunately a fire needed to occur. we are headed out anyway, but i just wanted to ask if the fire willl affect our fishing... just a simple question, no harm intended,

I apologizes for the poor introduction, and will try to keep a better more caring mindest.

Dont hate me guys! you guys are awesome! if i make a mistake just me know, as i am new!

xahx
05-11-2007, 11:00 AM
reading from above, i think we have the wrong idea going on. Wasnt trying to come off rude.

05-11-2007, 11:04 AM
I doubt the fires will affect the fishing if you stay on the backside of Cat..There may be alot of ash floating but thats about it....werent you going to san clemente island though?

xahx
05-11-2007, 11:17 AM
heading to catalina to catch minor feeding time at 3:07 am, then to Clemente for the 9:07 major feeding time =) i calculated the moon transit times relative to feeding activity

jplee3
05-11-2007, 11:18 AM
reading from above, i think we have the wrong idea going on. Wasnt trying to come off rude.

well, you can make up for it by let us fish off your nice boat anytime we want :D :D :D hahahahaha.

05-11-2007, 11:19 AM
Best bet is to go to Cat fill up with live squid...then head to Clemente since the bite on Yellows has been 7 am bites....then head back to Cat for some afternoon WSB action...

xahx
05-11-2007, 11:30 AM
what do yellers prefer?? squid? Jigs? Live bait?

xahx
05-11-2007, 11:33 AM

well, you can make up for it by let us fish off your nice boat anytime we want :D :D :D hahahahaha.

haha i would love to take out all you experienced anglers but i believe there is some sort of risk invovled... bc we met on the internet! haha

people WITH EXPERIENCE who are interested lets all hang out sometimes become friends and perhaps then we can go out after a friendship and trust has been formed.

05-11-2007, 11:37 AM
what do yellers prefer?? squid? Jigs? Live bait?It all depends on what theyre hungery for..sometimes Jigs, sometimes Dines, Sometimes chovies, sometimes squid...sometimes nothing..and sometimes just about anything that hits the surface....

ghetto dad
05-11-2007, 11:39 AM
:group:
kumbaya my homies, kumbaya!!

Nessie Hunter
05-11-2007, 01:16 PM

If that is the case, no harm done.. :thumb:

I can see your desire to fish.. Meeting new friends that are also PB'rs is a plus if your new to the local offshore waters, they can teach you a lot...

Take some pics and post a report when you get back.. Im sure others will see then what you are all about...

I apologize If I came off wrong.. You just hit a few sore spots with me, and Randy and his Family who live on Catalina are friends on mine...

Daus
05-11-2007, 01:22 PM
Nextfishingchamp,

I didn't now YT were hungry for jigs?!? <---just pulling your legs &#58;D &#58;D Steve, so when are you gonna let me "break in" your new unused accurate gears that's just collecting dust&#46; Let Xahx take you and Nessie fishing on his boat and teach the noobie how it's done&#46;

Fish hard!

xahx
05-11-2007, 01:33 PM
reading from above, i think we have the wrong idea going on&#46; Wasnt trying to come off rude&#46;

If that is the case, no harm done&#46;&#46; &#58;thumb&#58;

I can see your desire to fish&#46;&#46; Meeting new friends that are also PB'rs is a plus if your new to the local offshore waters, they can teach you a lot&#46;&#46;&#46;

Take some pics and post a report when you get back&#46;&#46; Im sure others will see then what you are all about&#46;&#46;&#46;

I apologize If I came off wrong&#46;&#46; You just hit a few sore spots with me, and Randy and his Family who live on Catalina are friends on mine&#46;&#46;&#46;

&#46;

Hey no hard feelings is a positive thing! i didnt know this forum was so 'family oriented' Im glad to have joined and hope to be an actuive contributor to this great site!

Thanks all, and Ness, Thanks for taking the time to key me in!

ghetto dad
05-11-2007, 01:59 PM
reading from above, i think we have the wrong idea going on&#46; Wasnt trying to come off rude&#46;

If that is the case, no harm done&#46;&#46; &#58;thumb&#58;

I can see your desire to fish&#46;&#46; Meeting new friends that are also PB'rs is a plus if your new to the local offshore waters, they can teach you a lot&#46;&#46;&#46;

Take some pics and post a report when you get back&#46;&#46; Im sure others will see then what you are all about&#46;&#46;&#46;

I apologize If I came off wrong&#46;&#46; You just hit a few sore spots with me, and Randy and his Family who live on Catalina are friends on mine&#46;&#46;&#46;

&#46;

Hey no hard feelings is a positive thing! i didnt know this forum was so 'family oriented' Im glad to have joined and hope to be an actuive contributor to this great site!

Thanks all, and Ness, Thanks for taking the time to key me in!

yes, we are familia here holmes&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;