PDA

View Full Version : Local Dana Point 2/10

HESBROS
02-11-2008, 01:20 PM
Rich and I launched the "Hesbros" about 0630 along with my wife Becky and bro's g/f Ann. The weather conditions were as perfect as could be. Bait at Ca. Bait Co. was 4-6 inch Sardines, good quality. Our target was Halibut for the day. We did many drifts, but with no wind, the drifts were very slow, which is not ideal for Halibut. We worked Poche beach, Midddle Kelp Reef, San Mateo Rocks and area around, San Mateo Kelp, and The Domes. Water was cleaner the further south you went. We only got one short and that was at the Domes. We also got 1 Calico and about a dozen Sandies as a by product, all the bass were caught while throwing Gulp Saltwater Swimmin Shad and Jerk Shad, Sardine and Anchovy flavors during the drifts. It wont be long now, as things are starting to lok better and the fish are becoming more active, and putting up better fights! All Fish were released!
Eddie & Richard H.
'Hesbros"

one_leg
02-11-2008, 01:22 PM
Great report, sorry the butts weren't willing to oblige.

One_Leg

JapanRon
02-11-2008, 01:43 PM
Hi HESBROS,

Wow nice to see someone really working the plastics .... Gulp or not. Shame no Halibut were brought to gaff but there was some decent action anyway.

Nice little report and great photos !!

thanks,

tsurikichi

flyngby
02-11-2008, 07:47 PM
Bros.

That will teach me to read my PM's more frequently. I would have spent Saturday catching up on the work in the canyon and been out there with you and your invite.

Those were perfect conditions for my smaller ride. Hopefully the conditions will hold on thru the week and be the same for our Buddy Boat trip on Sunday.

Tough day but any day to avoid the :skunk: is a better day than at work!!!