PDA

View Full Version : boat advice.

Kalicos
02-09-2008, 11:46 PM
Hey guys. so I was just wondering what kind of experiences you guys have had with companies such as seaswirl or neptune. I've been looking at a few of their used boats and what just wondering if they were reliable companies. I know that seaswirl is owned by bayliner, a company know for its cheap prices and poor quality. I was looking at either a seaswirl cc or a boston whaler montauk.

any info would be greatly appreciated.
Kalicos

Rick Grover
02-10-2008, 06:53 AM
Just a few corrections to your post. Bayliner is owned by Brunswick, just like Sea Ray and Triton. Seaswirl is owned by Genmar, the same company that ownes Ranger, Champion, Fourwins and multiple other boat lines. Seaswirl is a pretty good quality product and one of the Westcoast's most popular brands. Boston Whaler is also owned by Brunswick. Rick G.

teamgracza
02-10-2008, 09:51 PM
I own a 2007 trophy pro 1902 walk around.It is made by brunswick.It is an awesome offshore and inshore boat.Only thing wrong is it should have a larger motor.It has a 115 needs a 150.We paid around 32k for it.Nice boat for the money.Good luck

Kalicos
02-10-2008, 11:17 PM
thanks for the correction and the info guys. appreciate it.

calvaryguy23
02-11-2008, 04:27 PM
i have a question where should i start looking for a good used boat? what sites? what companys want to be able to go on the lakes and also in the ocean? any suggestions?

Tail Chaser
02-11-2008, 06:03 PM
Look at the Florida online boat trader
Lots of outboard powered fishing boat companys out there

Kalicos
02-11-2008, 07:03 PM
hey broken rod, I have been told that there are some insane deals down in florida but how do you ship the boat over to california after you buy it? I know that some companies charge around 4k. I bit steep...rite?

calvaryguy23
02-11-2008, 07:44 PM
yeah looking for some boats in cali. not willing to fork out another 4k for shipping sorry any advice?

teamgracza
02-11-2008, 07:58 PM
yeah looking for some boats in cali. not willing to fork out another 4k for shipping sorry any advice?

I will sell you my 2007 trophy pro 1902 wa with a merc 115 four stroke.It has inly 20 hours on the boat.All the cushions are still in the package.30k

calvaryguy23
02-11-2008, 08:14 PM
nah sorry looking to hopefully get finianced from a place.

Cal

teamgracza
02-11-2008, 08:26 PM
nah sorry looking to hopefully get finianced from a place.

Cal
We finance thru US Bank.With a couple grand down you can take over payments,of 276 a month.

Tail Chaser
02-13-2008, 09:53 PM
hey broken rod, I have been told that there are some insane deals down in florida but how do you ship the boat over to california after you buy it? I know that some companies charge around 4k. I bit steep...rite?
The boats I was looking at were min 10k cheaper in FL then Calif. Boats like the 25' Grady White sailfish.Very hard to find good used decent fishing boats in So. Calif. So even if I paid 4k for shipping. And the boats I was looking at were 10k cheaper in FL. Im 6k to the good on a boat I could not even find in Calif.That was 10 yrs ago I was doing the research.
Tactics I was going to try. Researching the best trustworthy dealerships that usually stocked/carried the used makes of boats I liked. Talk to them dealers letting them know what im looking for.Keeping in touch browsing the FL boat trader. Lot of very good fishing boats are built in NC,SC and Fl. Cape Hatteras for there testing grounds.
After finding a boat, Maybe get a discount for driving out there. Have them service the trl.Then pick the boat up myself.
Best to fly out make sure the boat is worth it. Could haul one back up for like 1500.00 yourself. Fuel motels etc,
Lot of work, But if ya cant find a good fishing boat in Calif for the right price. FL is a option.Theres just an insane amount of used fishing boats to choose from.
Was browsing The Az boat trader. Found my 1985 26' Sea Ray Sundancer there. 530hrs perfect shape fresh water boat. Couldn't pass it up. Turned it into a pretty good fishing machine. Starting my 5th season with it. Still very happy.
Top fishing boats in FL in the mid 90s were, Grady White,Hydra Sport,Mako,Proline. All either center console or walk around cuddy cabins. Parkers were there but I had never seen a used one.Few Shamrocks around too. After 10yrs boats really drop in price. Probably due to being hard to get financing on older boats.