PDA

View Full Version : WIND,SNOW, & a Few Fish @ the Loop

fishin417
05-08-2007, 07:49 PM
We got back yesterday from June Lake. We left Friday morning and made it up to Convict by 2P. It was blowing about 30 mph, but we still launched. Got soaked moving across the lake trying to make it back to the intake in hope of some shelter. I picked up 1 fish on a teaser, only abou 10 in. After battling the wind for 3 hours we decided to troll. We used the down rigger and the lead core at all diferent depths with out any luck. I thre a T Boyant on top just for the heck of it and we wound up with 5 on the troll fishing top water with white caps all over!

Sat. we fished June and caught 2 fish on the top water troll again by 6:15. Then the snow and wind came and kicked our butts. Our beer was colder out of the ice chest than in...NICE! We stayed till 1 ithout any luck and decided to head to rush and try our luck. At Rush I pulled 2 small naturals on eggs but didn't see very many fish at all. My 2 buddies got skunked.

Sun. was still very cold, but we had some better luck at Silver drifting night crawlers. I took my boat up Reverse and I pulled a 12" brown on a 4" oxblood roboworm! Other than that Reverse was a fishing desert!!! Watched a couple tubers pull some decent fish on the fly but still very slow. That afternoon my buddy landed a 19" bow at gull on a drifted crawler! We went back to June at dusk and pulled 3 more on Gulp power bait at the reeds.

We had to leave Monday and managed to squeeze some fishing in at Silver in the morning. Finally the wind calmed down and the temp rose. 3 baby browns, and 6 bows in an hour and a half! Finally when the fishing picked up we had to hit the road.

All in all it was a good trip, but a lot slower than usual. Weather was a bear!!!!

See you all back up there June 6th

one_leg
05-09-2007, 01:39 PM
Nice report. Wish I could have been there.
I like fishing in cold weather.
I wish you had some pics. Do you have any pics?

One_Leg

Troutman65
05-09-2007, 08:33 PM
Welcome to FNN . Thanks for sharing your fishing adventure here.

fishin417
05-10-2007, 09:27 PM
will post the few pics I have. I still have to download my pics from my memory card back at the office... My buddy dropped my camera in the water and it's done for!
As for the cold weather, try heading up there the last weekend of the season (Usually mid November). I've gone with a few buddies the last 5 years and we've never been let down. Not quite as many fish, but we always seem to hook some real nice ones. This last year we caught a lot of 3lbers and 4lbers. Not to mention there's nobody else out there.
Nice report. Wish I could have been there.
I like fishing in cold weather.
I wish you had some pics. Do you have any pics?

One_Leg