PDA

View Full Version : lobster punch card

diamondbear
02-06-2008, 08:06 PM
Effective in 2008 any individual taking spiny lobster will be required to have a newly issued punch card [ $ 7.90] this is in addition to the normal sport fishing license and OE stamp. any time a hunter catches a lobster they are required to indicate the take on the card and the card to be mailed back to DFG at the end of the year . sounds like easy money for the dfg and watch how many guys are nailed and fined at the docks when the hoopers forget to punch there cards at the end of a cold tired nite on the water .

CoffeaRobusta
02-07-2008, 07:17 PM
Actually the reporting requirements start September 27, at the start of lobster season. And I don't really believe they are doing this so they can make money off the fines. It's so they can get better information on catch and effort for lobster in the recreational fishery. It also provides additional support for enforcement to prevent poaching. If they wanted to make money off fines they could just go out and enforece the rules they already have and bust all the people I see keeping short fish.

diamondbear
02-08-2008, 07:42 PM
WELL SAID , I agree