PDA

View Full Version : No more boat permits for Mexican waters

kanco
02-04-2008, 02:18 PM
Posting this from a post on another site: If it is true, then that is great. Anyone have anything that would contradict this?

"Just came across this new flash. About four months too late for me because I renewed my in Sept 07 for around $90. As of January 2008 you are no longer required to have boat permits to fish Mexican waters. I thought maybe this was the beginning of a new "Urban Legend" so I called the Mexican sportfishing office in San Diego. He said I was just passed my congress and hopefully will last for every. I asked if I could get a refund for the eight months remaining and he said no. Fishing permits are still required though. I have gotten boat and annual fishing permits for the past three years now. Where my boat is I almost always end up in Mexican waters. I have heard endless horror stories of people without the proper permits so I always play it safe. Annual license are good for a year from the time you buy."

http://www.conapescasandiego.org

One less thing to worry about when fishing in Mexico! :banana:

Ricky-Ray
02-04-2008, 04:35 PM
I saw the same thing posted up on 976-tuna.com's website on the front page last week.

Tail Chaser
02-04-2008, 06:20 PM
Very good imfo.
Ive never pvt boated in Mexican waters. Didn't want to deal with all the permits and such.
Anybody know of which ramps we can leave our tow vehicles/trls at safely, (US Side)
For multi day trips going into Mexican waters?

Cap'n Ron
02-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Mission Bay.
Well lit.
Three days or more if ya let em know.
Lotsa activity going on.

Tail Chaser
02-06-2008, 06:58 PM
Thanks Ron,
I did a one day at the Ramp just before the Marine land entrance.
Pretty sure they said no over nighters there.
What was I thinking, All the way down south for a one day. Gezzzz........ :bang: