PDA

View Full Version : Virginia Lakes

WARRIORMIKE
02-02-2008, 09:28 PM
Went up to Virginia Lakes back in July of 07. I do apologize for the time thing but I just uploaded these pics from my digital camera. I was going to stay up there 2 weeks but I had to leave early cause I had to go for training at Bass Pro Shops,darn work :( Well I hope you guys enjoy I always have fun when we go up there!

fisherkid47
02-03-2008, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the report, and and nice brook. Virgina lakes is the one place that I can always get a brook. One time I even caught 2 in one day.

billy b
02-04-2008, 08:54 AM
I now live much closer to Virginia Lakes and hope to go and spend 1-2 nights. Looks like a nice cabin. Do you have any connections or recommendations as to where to stay ... rent a boat? Cost is not a stopper. My wife will fish some, and would love to sit on the deck ... with a lake view, would score major points!

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks a BIG BUNCH!

BIGRED KILLA
02-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Nice job out there nice trout I need to see fresh blood and more please thanks for the report and pics.

Bigred Killa

Beeracuda211
02-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Nice Job but you should release the browns and brooks... :thumb:

B/C

fishermanwife
02-04-2008, 07:28 PM
I now live much closer to Virginia Lakes and hope to go and spend 1-2 nights. Looks like a nice cabin. Do you have any connections or recommendations as to where to stay ... rent a boat? Cost is not a stopper. My wife will fish some, and would love to sit on the deck ... with a lake view, would score major points!

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks a BIG BUNCH!

Cabin # 1, 2, and 3 have the best view of the lake.. They usually rent out by the week though. You can't rent out for 1 or 2 days.. That is the only bummer. Cabin 1 is the largest of 20 cabins. There are smaller ones but they dont have a lake view they are by the creek those are cabins 11-20.. We usually book our cabin a year in advance. Last time we went we booked the cabin for the first two weeks of July 07 and we had to call in on jan 1st of 06 to insure we got the cabin we wanted for the following year. Opens memorial day weekend depending on weather and closes Columbus Day. Depending on the time you go you may be able to rent for less than a week. There is lots of wild life too. We had deer come by our cabin and even a bear and lots of squirrels.. That was neat to see..
Here is a website to get more info there and their pricing although their prices change yearly.
http://www.virginialakesresort.com/

IncredibleHuck
02-04-2008, 09:07 PM
Hey Mike, you should think about doing the opener!

WARRIORMIKE
02-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Nice Job but you should release the browns and brooks... :thumb:

B/C

I catch and release all my fish. That was my inlaws that decide to keep fish that day. But again thats why we have fishing license to limit the amount of fish that we can take in a day. :banned: Trust me my inlaws are the most outdoors enthuisast of all time,they would not abuse a fishery at all. My father inlaw only fishes 1-2 times a year if that. My mother in law even less. Being that this was a special trip and they paid a large amount of money to vacation there, a few couple of fish to take home is not going to hurt that fishery!I understand your concern BC but again, the brook and brown trout have a healthy population up there, and they did no harm in taking a few (3) the entire 14 days we were there. All others were thrown back.

WARRIORMIKE
02-04-2008, 10:41 PM
Hey Mike, you should think about doing the opener!

when is it and is that the one in Bridgeport?

steve092
02-07-2008, 05:50 AM
Nice job catching some non-rainbow trout!