PDA

View Full Version : Help a Freshie out?

City Dad
05-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Camping at El Capitan State Beach. Anyone have any insight, advice, info or hearsay about the place.

Went last year, but didn't get a chance to wet a line. Resolved to do so this time 'round.

Appreciate any help!

Fisherman57
05-08-2007, 11:06 AM
Lot's of nice size BSP's in the water there...... I usually fish within 50 yards or so of where the showers are located...... seems to be a good spot.

Carolina Rig........ 6lb..... 1oz slider.... #6 Mosquito..... 18-24" leader

I've had some good luck there using Big Hammer MORF perch grubs....... or the old standby..... Gulp Camo Sandworms.....

Try a chrome/blue Kastmaster too if ya have one.

sansou
05-08-2007, 11:10 AM
Unfortunately there is no trout in there. However, the panfish are big.... You definately need to rent a boat while there.

Wish I could help more, but I don't fish there cause of the lack of troutage.

CatchthatTrout
05-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Unfortunately there is no trout in there. However, the panfish are big.... You definately need to rent a boat while there.

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

City Dad
05-08-2007, 11:45 AM

Them dang peyote burritos they eat in San Diego! :lol:

Thanks, guys!

sansou
05-08-2007, 01:17 PM
Gimme a break. I'm multitasking here at work you fookers!! On conference call and cruising FNN as usual....ha ha!!

Good luck at El Cap!

one_leg
05-08-2007, 01:23 PM
Camping at El Capitan State Beach. Anyone have any insight, advice, info or hearsay about the place.

Went last year, but didn't get a chance to wet a line. Resolved to do so this time 'round.

Appreciate any help!

Yeah ahhhhh. Nope. Sorry.

One_Leg

Got to protect the spots, Ya'all. :wink:

sansou
05-08-2007, 01:54 PM
Gimme a break on the old "protecting the spots" schtick.... :roll: