PDA

View Full Version : Atomic Buffalo Turds (pics added)

Daryl
01-31-2008, 12:31 PM
20-30 Large Jalapeņo peppers
1 block cream cheese, room temperature
2 packages sliced bacon
40-60 toothpicks
Small package of Little Smokies
2 medium garlic cloves
1/8 - 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes depending on your taste

Take the peppers, cut off the stems and split them into halves (keep the halves together). Now rinse out any remaining seeds from the inside of the pepper with cold water and place them on a paper towel to dry. Remember, when coring the peppers - the amount of membrane you leave inside the pepper will determine how hot the turds are. The more membrane you leave, the hotter the turd will be.

Smash and finely chop the garlic and tomatoes and place in a mixing bowl. If your cream cheese is not room temperature, it will need to be softened (15-20 seconds in the microwave) to make it a little easier to mix. Place the cream cheese in a mixing bowl and mix the garlic, tomatoes, and cheese well. Some people like to season the cream cheese with Mrs. Dash, liquid smoke or other spices/seasonings - just don't over do it. If you want to turn your buffalo turds into "atomic" buffalo turds just add some cayenne pepper or jalapeņo membrane in the mix.

Spoon the cheese mixture into the sides of the halved jalapeņo and press a lil smokey or other meat of your choice into the cheese. Take the other half and put the pepper back together and secure with 2 toothpicks. I use one up high and one in the middle. Make sure your tooth pick pierces the lil smokey.

Wrap the peppers with bacon and use the toothpicks to hold the bacon in place around the pepper.

For best results, use a smoker or a charcoal grill and cook them with indirect heat (using wood chips). If you only have a gas grill, you can either use the indirect method or place them higher on the grill with the burners on low; don't forget wood chips.

Cook until bacon is crisp and make sure you hide some for yourself, they will be gone before you know it.

When I throw a BBQ and fire up the smokers, these are definitely a favorite.

BIGRED KILLA
02-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Those are the good turds they taste great :lol:.Thanks for the recipe i will have to try it out.

Bigred

SoCalGuy7
02-03-2008, 12:07 PM
Sounds great! Might try soon...
SCG7

ThemBastards
02-05-2008, 08:51 AM
You ever batter and deep fry them? If so would you smoke them first?

BakoBassin
02-05-2008, 09:06 AM
I like to deep fry them.

We split them without seperating and clean out the seeds. Cook some bacon and crumble it. Get the cream cheese and mix in the bacon with a cheese of your choice...we do mozerella. Make a mixture of flour and bread crumbs with a seasoning of your choice. Dip in an egg wash and dredge in flour mixture. Deep fry at 350 to desired crispiness. My neighbors go nuts when I cook these.

Sorry there are no measurements. I cook on-the-fly.

Note: It's a good idea to wear some type of gloves when prepping the peppers if you do a lot of them.

Daryl
02-05-2008, 09:30 AM

Dude, one of these days you'll try my ABT and then you can decided whether or not they need to be fried.

City Dad
02-07-2008, 10:36 AM
Wait a second... "Buffalo Turds" are supposed to be cheese filled peppers?!?!?!

Oh, man, I gotta stop making asumptions.

calico killer kevin
02-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Wait a second... "Buffalo Turds" are supposed to be cheese filled peppers?!?!?!

Oh, man, I gotta stop making asumptions.
LOL

Calico Killer Kevin

BTW those look great!

Troutman65
02-13-2008, 08:33 AM
8) Thanks for the post.

TM65

BakoBassin
02-13-2008, 08:37 AM
Those look good.

ThemBastards
02-13-2008, 02:36 PM
Damnit!!! Those things look good man.

calvaryguy23
02-13-2008, 02:56 PM
i almost made those for the superbowl but i might make them for a bbq i'm having next month thanks!

Cal

ThemBastards
02-17-2008, 12:59 PM
As advertised the turds were a crowd favorite, and frigging addictive. Good job D

diamondbear
02-17-2008, 03:43 PM
THOSE LOOK SOOOO GOOD , great recipe , iam going to put a chunck of albacore instead of the winnies . I have a smoker and maybe i'll try that instead of BBQ . I'll let you know on how it turns out .

Daryl
02-17-2008, 06:09 PM
As advertised the turds were a crowd favorite, and frigging addictive. Good job D

Thanks for the kind words TB; I'll pay up later.

Daryl
02-17-2008, 06:15 PM
THOSE LOOK SOOOO GOOD , great recipe , iam going to put a chunck of albacore instead of the winnies . I have a smoker and maybe i'll try that instead of BBQ . I'll let you know on how it turns out .

You can use anything you like. I've actually used shrimp, crab, pepperoni, bbq brisket*, bbq pork tenderloin*. The sky is the limit. Experiment and enjoy.

*There is a difference between bbq and grilling.

DccFISHerMan
02-17-2008, 06:56 PM
Damn those look delish!!!

pappi
02-28-2008, 05:26 PM
i am going to have to make this one day.(allways take your bayer asprin before eating heart attack food;)) but realy this sounds like one of the best snack- entertaing foods that ive heard of.