PDA

View Full Version : Question about yakin the ocean

FishNChipz
01-31-2008, 12:20 PM
Hey I want to take my brother out yakin hopefully soon but he is nervous that he will get sea sick. Do people get sea-sick easy kayak fishing? I have never got sick, but then i just dont get motion sickness easy, so i dont want to take him if he is going to get sick. your thoughts will be appreciated.

cappo
01-31-2008, 01:12 PM
yes it happens
my buddy gave up on fishing boats cuz he gets seasick
he bought a kayak and got sick too, :lol:

FishNChipz
01-31-2008, 01:19 PM
i would think tho that cause you are closer to the water it would not happen as much..I just really want to take him... i wonder if he takes dramamine mabye he will be ok....or take some ginger

Nessie Hunter
01-31-2008, 01:40 PM
I used to have a problem with motion sickness, BAD !! Couldnt even go inside on a 1/2 or 3/4 day.... And was pretty sick standing outside, wind in face... Chumed several times...

Float Tubing the bays has stopped it completely .. I am now comfy eating inside and sleeping on multi day trips & private boats. Problem solved...

Suggest you start him in closed bay Like NPH then work to Cabrillo or Long Beach.. The getting used to motion is what cured me...

I read that it was a conflict between sub conscious and conscious that caused it, they just have to chill out and agree... :lol: :lol:

Good luck... Its worth a try....

FishNChipz
01-31-2008, 01:47 PM
ya i used to take medicine and then one time i forgot and i didnt get sick so i never took it again. ya i will try that and bring some ginger along. they say it helps settle the stomach alot.