PDA

View Full Version : Local Dana Point 1/29

HESBROS
01-29-2008, 09:09 PM
The Bro and I launched the "Hesbros" along with our friend Chase at 0645. The sea's were still on the bigger side at a short period so we did one loop around the harbor throwing plastics for a few smaller Sandbass. After an hour we decided it was time to head out in search of some Halibut. We put on 26 miles and covered alot of ground but never found the flat fish, we did have some raked baits. We had some by product of a dozen more Sandies, 3 Calico's and a Sculpin. Only took one pic of a nicer Calico that Chase nailed on the plastic. Water temp maxed out at 55.5, water is a little dirty, bait at California Bait Co. is 4-7 inch Sardines, real good quality and mixed sizes.
*EDIT* All fish released to fight another day.
Eddie and Richard H.
"Hesbros"

sansou
01-29-2008, 09:27 PM
Welcome to the board & great looking calico!

one_leg
01-29-2008, 09:46 PM
Yeah, that's a nice one.

Thanks for posting it up,

One_Leg

Trophy1
01-29-2008, 10:26 PM
very nice calico..... cant wait till i get out there and nail some fish myself. :banana:

JSAUCE818
01-30-2008, 05:21 AM
Thanks for detailed report, sounds like you guys killed em out there,....that a nice Calico!...

deanhall32
01-30-2008, 01:32 PM
Tried to jump on the Sum Fun last Saturday but trip was cancelled because only 4 showed up. I KNEW there were fish just outside the harbor!! Hard to believe there aren't 10 fishermen in O.C. that want to go fishing on a beautiful Saturday morning!! I guess I have to have a friend with a private boat like you guys. Nice going!!!!!!!

JapanRon
01-30-2008, 04:07 PM
Hi HESBROS,

Good for you on gettng out. Looks like the Bass bit a little yesterday !! Good job on the plastics !! What type/size/color/weight/setup rubber got the fishys?

thanks,

JapanRon

Darrin
01-30-2008, 04:49 PM
nice calico

flyngby
01-30-2008, 07:47 PM
Eddie. Rich and Chase

"NICE CALICO CHASE"

Great job to sneak out it this weeks adverse conditions. It shows some experience for you guys to spend some time in the harbor in a 25' boat doing the bass thing. I'm Sure you did not fish yourself much keepin the boat out of trouble in the harbor. You guys again out performed the local charters again.

Maybe time to start your own charter!!!! I can be your onboard Photo guy and still enjoy catch'in a few.

Better yet we finally make that Buddy Boat Trip and we can Photo each other! We'll make it happen soon!!

Thanks for your first Report!!!!!!

Greg Madrigal
02-01-2008, 09:07 AM
U2 r HARDCORE! Great job on scoring that nice Cali, and CPR'ing it! Welcome! We can always use more s/w reports as it's a BIG ocean! :lol:

What structure did u have luck on???? Did u fish the pipe, if so, were u drifting???? Just kinda curious cuz my buddy Dan Pitkin took me down there in Dec. and showed me the finer points of drifting race horses oer structure. We nailed some fat calis and sandies.

Keep the reports coming!

Tight lines,

GM<><

HESBROS
02-01-2008, 05:22 PM
Gm and all&#46; We did fish the pipe just outside the harbor running southwest, there were some sandies on the pipe, the fish were eating the live dines and 6 Inch Gulp Jerk Shads&#46; We fished a few different area's after that, mostly areas near kelp lines&#46; The bass are holding in and along the kelp lines&#46; There is a kelp line above SC Pier, further up the coast from SC rocks, it is between 50 and 30 feet&#46; It has grown to the surface now so you cant miss it&#46; Alot of folks drive right by and head south and never fish it because it was gone after the red tide&#46; Check it out sometime!

greeper
02-01-2008, 09:40 PM
I've heard it's been a tough bite near DP, atleast ya got out on the water&#46;&#46; Nice Cali