PDA

View Full Version : Sports Authority Coupon - 25%

mg2969
04-12-2007, 12:38 PM
Sports Authority Coupon - 25%
Don't know how many of you ever shop sport authority for gear but found a 25 % off 1 item coupon on slickdeals.net

http://slickdeals.net/?pno=9282&lno=1&afsrc=1

sonarbp
04-12-2007, 01:20 PM
403 - Forbidden

Got a new link for it?

sonarbp

chamackO
04-12-2007, 01:52 PM
http://i.slickdeals.net/attachment.php? ... 1176193062 (http://i.slickdeals.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=35691&d=1176193062)

fish4keep
04-12-2007, 01:58 PM
403 - Forbidden

Got a new link for it?

sonarbp

Same on both link!!!!!!!!!! :!: :!:

Sea Murda
04-12-2007, 02:04 PM
no need for a link, just go to the website...............slickdeals.com

mg2969
04-12-2007, 02:12 PM
http://www.slickdeals.net

Printable Sport Authority Coupon

sonarbp
04-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Thanks

sonarbp

Hawkeye5447
04-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Dude that sucks i wish i bought my pontton now that would have saved me $50.

SanDimasLMB
04-12-2007, 04:55 PM
the coupon is only valid through 12/14/06 to 12/17/06!!!!! WTF?

bones
04-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Lost leader for only a few days. The problem is how it's interpreted by the SA dealer. The coupon states that it's good for a "One Item" purchase. Then the coupon has a long list of items NOT available for the discount including Shimano and Penn fishing gear. :(
Has anyone here actually tried to use this coupon yet?
I have a trip to the Kern next week and I'd love to get a 25% discount on my COMBINED assortment of lures and stuff.

sonarbp
04-13-2007, 07:56 AM
This coupon would be good for anyone in the market for a fish finder or float tude or even waders.......I plan on going tonight to pick up an extra fish finder.....with the coupon I will save about $20.

sonarbp

mg2969
04-13-2007, 03:47 PM
Just print out a whole bunch and do'em one at a time

Sea Murda
04-13-2007, 04:59 PM
Just print out a whole bunch and do'em one at a time

Thats what I'm saying!

valhalla_1_2000
04-14-2007, 04:15 PM
Here's a tip. I have found that Sports Authority, Big Five, etc., do not carry very high-end fishing gear. For example, I fish mostly SW and they do not carry Seeker, Calstar, Shimano Toriums, etc. However, Sports Chalet does carry the higher end stuff. I have, on several occasions, taken the 25% coupons from Sports Authority, Big Five, etc., to Sports Chalet and asked them if they will honor their "competitors" coupon. Unless you get somebody who really knows fishing gear (unlikely), the manager usually ok's it after the high-school clerk asks them what to do. I have saved a lot of money on some good gear using coupons from these other stores.

hakaveli
04-14-2007, 04:54 PM
Here's a tip. I have found that Sports Authority, Big Five, etc., do not carry very high-end fishing gear. For example, I fish mostly SW and they do not carry Seeker, Calstar, Shimano Toriums, etc. However, Sports Chalet does carry the higher end stuff. I have, on several occasions, taken the 25% coupons from Sports Authority, Big Five, etc., to Sports Chalet and asked them if they will honor their "competitors" coupon. Unless you get somebody who really knows fishing gear (unlikely), the manager usually ok's it after the high-school clerk asks them what to do. I have saved a lot of money on some good gear using coupons from these other stores.

so u went to sport chalet and showed them the coupon and they beat the price

SanDimasLMB
04-14-2007, 04:55 PM

cunning :lol: but smart :twisted:

valhalla_1_2000
04-14-2007, 05:17 PM
No they didn't beat the price, because there was no price. Like I said, I have not seen Seeker (American Series of Blacksteel), Calstar, G-Loomis, etc. at any other Sporting Goods store chains other than Sports Chalet. But if you bring a 25% off coupon from a competitor (Sports Authority, Big Five, whatever) and ask the cashier if they will honor it, I have been successful about 95% of the time. In fact, I can only remember one time when the "manager" actually read the fine print and knew a little about fishing gear and failed to honor it. Usually, the high school kid cashier couldn't give a *hit, but they have always told me "I have to ask my manager," who, like I said, 95% of the time will O.K. it. Furthermore, I don't consider or believe that it is a "scam" or a crime because I simply present the coupon and ask if they will honor it. If they do they do, if not, oh well.

Esc8p2NeverLand
04-14-2007, 06:56 PM
No they didn't beat the price, because there was no price. Like I said, I have not seen Seeker (American Series of Blacksteel), Calstar, G-Loomis, etc. at any other Sporting Goods store chains other than Sports Chalet. But if you bring a 25% off coupon from a competitor (Sports Authority, Big Five, whatever) and ask the cashier if they will honor it, I have been successful about 95% of the time. In fact, I can only remember one time when the "manager" actually read the fine print and knew a little about fishing gear and failed to honor it. Usually, the high school kid cashier couldn't give a *hit, but they have always told me "I have to ask my manager," who, like I said, 95% of the time will O.K. it. Furthermore, I don't consider or believe that it is a "scam" or a crime because I simply present the coupon and ask if they will honor it. If they do they do, if not, oh well.

Great idea. I don't see any wrong-doing in that at all. No deceit, no lies- just a guy trying to save a couple of bucks and at the same time, keep the retail world on its toes.

Thanks for the tip.

Tyler

bones
04-14-2007, 10:48 PM
I made it simple....I had a Weber Portable Propane BBQ that lasted me 10 years and fell apart finally. They retail for $54 but I walked out of SA today with one for $40 using the coupon 8)
I'm going to have my son and two daughters use three more coupons tomorrow. Time for the kids to pay back dad for once.....LOL
Just take some money and your family. Print one coupon for every family member. I already asked....they won't mind. They just have to stick with one coupon per person and the coupon is good for ONLY ONE ITEM. It says
"Single Item purchase" right on the front and they meen ONLY ONE ITEM!
Just stick with the big ticket items and it's worth it and sports authority has alot of cool things.Anytime you walk into a place like that it's like a candy store!
Let's face it....a 25% discount only meens that you can spend 25% MORE ...............WITHOUT feeling guilty 8)

one_leg
04-14-2007, 11:17 PM
Hey thanks Bones, do they carry any 18' Crestliners?