PDA

View Full Version : owens river

bobasmacs
01-29-2008, 02:28 PM
anyone going to the owens on the 8th 9th 10th of feb.

WAVEMHOME
01-30-2008, 08:32 PM
Are you?

bobasmacs
01-31-2008, 12:34 PM
yup...thursday nite till sunday....fish the river from the dam to campground and below the artifical area...maybe toss some spiners in the meadow area...one mornong at the res

Ragetron
02-02-2008, 06:47 PM
I'll be up there fri night thru tues.

bobasmacs
02-04-2008, 03:47 AM
are u camping or hotel..we will be in a red dodge p/u with a white trailer..right at the pay station...supposed to be a nice weekend

WAVEMHOME
02-06-2008, 08:08 AM
We'll be there from Thursday to Sunday. Going to fish between Line and Collins as well as PVR. Our group will be about 20 deep... I'll be in a white Expedition.

Happy Fishing,

Wavemhome

SurfSpot
02-06-2008, 08:57 AM
The weather should be great this weekend, I will be there Saturday and Sunday. I will be fishing PVR and Lower Owens. The fishing is great right now. My good buddy just went up there and pulled out a 8.6 lb brown trout out of the lower owens, it was an amazing fish, he lodged in Bishop. The guy does know how to get the big boys. Any one have any to tips to get the large fish? I plan on throwing rapalas, boyunts, and other lures hoping to hit the big boys. Nightcrawlers work great in the lower owens. Thanks for your insight.Hope to see you all there. Later Daniel

bobasmacs
02-07-2008, 07:19 AM
throw rapalas just before light and just after dusk...need to find deep water with lots of cover...same at the pvr for browns...dont know about rainbows...good luck

wbpdrfresh
02-07-2008, 09:51 PM
pvr and lower owens are loaded with big broodstock right now :shock: -- went up there pre-super bowl and got a 4lber in bishop and a 4lber at the upper end of the res-- both had the dfg badge, beautiful, fat fish, and lots of browns too-- get up there while the weather's good! :thumb:

bobasmacs
02-12-2008, 01:26 PM
what a weekend...fished lower owens 2 days ended up with about 50 fish...all on crickets ...and all released...from about 10" thru 18"...browns and rainbows..weather was perfect...crowded in the catch and release area...fished the pvr one eve...lottttttsssssss of fish..water high...looking for one more trip prior to the opener...wish i brought a camera...next time...anyone with info on east walker...i heard the access is tough...also on kennedy meadows area...