PDA

View Full Version : Bacon wrapped Striper w/ sweet horseradish Chutney

BassinChef
01-29-2008, 03:06 AM
1 jar 32oz apricot preserves
2 cups fresh horseradish (then strain, it should yield 1cup)
3 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
2 tsp minced garlic
2tbl dijon mustard

1.In a mixing bowl whisk the preserves until it turns a bright orange,add strained horseradish whisk until it is evenly distributed.In a strainer sift cracked pepper to eliminate the dust,add black pepper and remaining ingredients whisk thouroughly.Transfer to a bowl and it is ready to serve.

The best way to have this with striper in my opinion is as follows
this is based on a 2-3 lb striper.

take the 2 filets of one fish boneless and skinless of course
cut each fillet into 4 strips once length wise then in half
toss in a bowl with a 2 tsp olive oil and seasoning salt
in your oven layout some bacon on a cookie sheet and cook for 7-8 minutes at 450 degrees
let you r bacon cool down at least 10 minutes
when the bacon is just barely warm wrap one strip of bacon per filet, make sure its tight and that your wrapping starts and ends on the same side and then lay it down on that side . Repeat for remaining filets....
have a large skillet set set at med-hi drizzle some olive oil in the skillet make sure the oil is hot, drop in no more than 3 filets at a time
This is so you can have nice crust on the bottom ,you are looking for a light golden brown color then turn over and place on a sheet pan.When all filets are browned place sheet pan in oven for 4-5 minutes and get your chutney ready and enjoy...may I also recommend a nice bottle of Sauvignon Blanc....or just some chips and a couple of Amstel`s

i hope you guys like it

BassinChef

I h

BIGRED KILLA
02-05-2008, 04:30 PM
Sounds good with bacon thanks for the new recipe.