PDA

View Full Version : DFG makes an appearance at Cabrillo pier

klocked
01-28-2008, 08:46 PM
A DFG enforcement officer made an appearance today at Cabrillo Pier checking every bucket in a mad action fashion. I must say it was a good thing, but maybe they should show up when people are catching fish. That would be even better. Not too many fish were caught due to the barometric dropout.

2 weeks ago I was able to convince someone to throw back a short halibut(approx. 10"). I let him know he did the right thing by putting it back but I got hard looks from him and his buddies :shock: . Next time I'll just let the DFG handle it :twisted: .

I do know that I have caught and released several short butts there, so I would imagine others have caught mostly shorts also and not released them.

I hope that today wasn't the first and last time the DFG check that pier.

Klocked

cappo
01-28-2008, 08:53 PM
Good to know theyre making the rounds.

Brad100
01-29-2008, 07:24 AM
I was down at the Shelter Island pier in San Diego a couple of days ago and the DFG was there also... good work, guys!

[attachment=0:f2a82]dfg.JPG[/attachment:f2a82]

Robert trout hunter
01-30-2008, 08:19 PM
sweet crackdown on the people taking all the fish :P

calvaryguy23
01-30-2008, 08:22 PM
they need to do that at seal beach there is a lot of people catching short hali's and taking them home i tried to tell someone once that it was too short and they cussed me out it was funny i was like ok "wheres the dfg when u need them"

otisdis
01-31-2008, 10:22 AM
If you see that someone has caught and keep an illegal fish you can call the local law enforcement agency and if they are not busy they will come out and cite the person just like dfg.

calvaryguy23
01-31-2008, 12:27 PM
man i should seal beach police department has a station at the end of the pier too!!!! DUH!! :bang:

TunaChaser469
01-31-2008, 08:45 PM
they need to do that at seal beach there is a lot of people catching short hali's and taking them home i tried to tell someone once that it was too short and they cussed me out it was funny i was like ok "wheres the dfg when u need them"

I live near Seal Beach and went there for breakfast I think on the 19th. DFG was there, but only at entrance to peir and he had some kind of measuring device. He was only checking people as they left the peir. this guy looked extremly bored - must of have been a slow morning for fishing.

boxl0bster
02-01-2008, 05:47 AM
i agree seal beach pier needs some monitoring. in fact all piers, imo piers in general attract a lot of shady fishermen...could it be that they dont need licenses? :roll:

Oz
02-01-2008, 06:28 PM
and we wonder why there aren't the same amount of quality fish in the ocean anymore cuz of shady pier fisherman as u told to throw the short hali back.

calvaryguy23
02-01-2008, 07:43 PM
serious thats why i think seal beach stinks now i've been fishing there since i was 5 and the fish were there but now it's like so dead it's hurts to see that there now. now i'm forced to find another fishing spot!

Cal

klocked
02-01-2008, 10:53 PM
The DFG made another showing at Cabrillo Pier today. Not many fish caught by anyone while I was there. Not many people fishing either.
I hope they make it a routine this summer or when the water warms up and the bite gets better.