PDA

View Full Version : Surf Perch/Halibut Spawn

Greenweenie88
01-28-2008, 05:11 PM
Hello All,

Just wondering when the spawn was for Surf Perch and Halibut. I usually fish off 5th street in Oxnard and also right of the CI harbor jetti. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Dennis

fishincrave
01-29-2008, 09:05 PM
not sure for the halis but surf perch is now thru end of April if you happen to catch perch and if there prego please release them.
Good luck out there

Sean

Greenweenie88
01-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Absolutely on the releasing of preg fish. I just had a blond moment and could not remember if it was winter/spring spawn or fall/winter. Just to let everyone know I am an avid fisherman, and I will be doing a lot of surf fishing this year, from Malibu all the way up to Avalon, anyone that would like to join just PM me. I fish many spots in one day and like to fish fast so its a good thing and bad thing cause its a workout. Also will be attacking a lot of Harbor's cause there's nothing like catching Cali's and Sandies with 4-6lb test out of the harbor. I have a lot of knowledge with saltwater, Deckhand for 8 years ( Formerly Cisco's and Capt Hook's when Kenny owned it) so i welcome beginners to come fish. Sometime in April im looking to start up a tournament for Barred Surf Perch (BSP) @ Oxnard Shores, have done it in the past with friends and family but would like to expand it. More info on that later. Thank you for your time and Glad to be a member

Dennis

SanDimasLMB
01-30-2008, 07:25 PM
Cool, I love Capt'n Hook's. Best fishing landing up north.

PM sent on the halibut spawn.

Cangler
01-30-2008, 07:46 PM
Ditto on Capt Hooks ..

Dont BSP's keep their young in the mouth ?

spartafish
01-30-2008, 08:00 PM
haha, no. they do give live birth though

fishncatalina
01-30-2008, 09:19 PM
Just to let everyone know I am an avid fisherman, and I will be doing a lot of surf fishing this year, from Malibu all the way up to Avalon
Dennis

You surf fish Avalon?

Greenweenie88
01-30-2008, 09:44 PM
seriously im having blond moments... I was watching something earlier on Catalina and that was on my mind. I meant Gaviota above Santa Barbara ( dont know how i mixed that up). I would love to fish Avalon, I did though used to fish Santa Cruz a lot, i would take a kayak on island packer trips and launch out of Scorpian or Pelican bay. Then a lot of restriction came into play.

Dennis