PDA

View Full Version : What do you think it's worth?

HarpoM
01-27-2008, 12:32 PM
I have a 2006, 14 ft Lowe, with a 15 hp Mercury Motor, bought brand new in May of 2006 for $6700. dollars. I also at that time bought a fish finder for 80 bucks and a trolling motor for 125 bucks.
The boat is in excellent shape. It's only been on Lake Casitas and the motor has under 20 hours on it (if that).

What do you think someone would pay for this boat? I'm in the process of getting it ready for sale since I don't hardly use it, and I need a base price for it.

any help would be appreciated. Again, there are no defects on the boat or motor.

TRDEXPERT
01-27-2008, 12:53 PM
POst some Pictures... I'll make an offer. :banana: :mrgreen: :explode: :bang: :banned: :roll: :banned:

GeordyBass
01-27-2008, 05:17 PM
if in pristine condition about $5000-6000 if you wait a couple of months(april to june or summer)...

HarpoM
01-28-2008, 07:38 AM
Thanks for your responses.
I will get some pictures taken soon. I suppose it's not in "pristine" condition. A few scratches due to the seats I put in, but overall, very clean.

HarpoM
02-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Here are some pictures of the boat I am looking to sell. It comes with a trolling motor, fish finder, charging battery and deep cycle battery. All fully wired. A boat seat and docking rope are also included. The Mercury 4 stroke 15 hp motor, galvanized trailer and14 foot boat was purchased in May of 2006, the motor having no more then 15 hours on fresh water only. (Have only been to Lake Casitas)
I paid $6700.00 for it. It is licensed until 2009 and the trailer has its perm license. There is only minor scratching on the side where the seat hit it. Other then that, it's in very good condition. The motor was serviced for its 10-hour maintenance last August.

After scouring the Internet, I believe a fair price would be $5200.00 (enough to pay off the bank loan)

Let me know what you think?

DyleeBrand
02-02-2008, 02:09 PM
Really hate to see a fella fishmen take a dent but.........
Beautifull boat for local lakes there, any offer in cash around 4000-4500?..Takes it if i were you..Then again, only my own opinion.

Do it this way, losing a third off the original price s not that bad.....believe me....Good luck though..

HarpoM
02-03-2008, 06:56 AM
Thanks Dylee. I would be willing to drop the price some if there were any takers. It was fun using it, but I got tired of sitting in the hot sun of Casitas. lol

DyleeBrand
02-03-2008, 11:06 AM
If you really, really can hang on to it till mid summer...It might not be that bad of a lost.....or atleast after tax return next couple of months...
The problem s this set up s pretty much restricted to fresh water inland fishing stuffs...And most guys doing trouts or catfishing don t need a damn nice boat, a 12 foot Valco with a 5 hp strap-on will be fine....And if the guy want to get into fancy bass fishing?..Suckers will want a bigger rig with wells, bimini, trolling capability.....ect...And the way this SoCal economy s been crashing down like a rock lately?...You can pick up a nice used 16-17 footer fiberglass with a decent motor for 4-5 grands which will do fresh and inshore salt water?...See, you re screwed bud....

Another option here, go to the credit union, cash advance 5 grands, then call the local bookie...tell him 2500 on New England minus 7 first half, 2500 NE minus 13 whole game...Then either upgrade to a nicer boat with a bimini top, or consider your boat stolen overnight....That s what i would do... :banana: :banana: :banana:

Again, good luck selling her bud....You experience the first happy moment when the bought the beauty, now the second happy moment coming when you can get rid of the beast...

Fearless
02-04-2008, 01:38 AM
How much you want for the Outboard Motor?? PM Me!

Daryl
02-04-2008, 03:07 PM
If you really, really can hang on to it till mid summer...It might not be that bad of a lost.....or atleast after tax return next couple of months...
The problem s this set up s pretty much restricted to fresh water inland fishing stuffs...And most guys doing trouts or catfishing don t need a damn nice boat, a 12 foot Valco with a 5 hp strap-on will be fine....And if the guy want to get into fancy bass fishing?..Suckers will want a bigger rig with wells, bimini, trolling capability.....ect...And the way this SoCal economy s been crashing down like a rock lately?...You can pick up a nice used 16-17 footer fiberglass with a decent motor for 4-5 grands which will do fresh and inshore salt water?...See, you re screwed bud....

Another option here, go to the credit union, cash advance 5 grands, then call the local bookie...tell him 2500 on New England minus 7 first half, 2500 NE minus 13 whole game...Then either upgrade to a nicer boat with a bimini top, or consider your boat stolen overnight....That s what i would do... :banana: :banana: :banana:

Again, good luck selling her bud....You experience the first happy moment when the bought the beauty, now the second happy moment coming when you can get rid of the beast...

I sure hope you didn't bet 5 grands on the Pats. :lol:

DyleeBrand
02-04-2008, 11:17 PM
I sure hope you didn't bet 5 grands on the Pats.
Skunked

Private message

Yup, i did :bang: :bang: :bang:

But..........there s a thing in gambling called hedging. Jumped ship in second half and fourth quarter, came out fine with a small parlay Dog Under, just juice full game for the bookie, no big deal....
Anyway, Giants s still a fluke...

HarpoM
02-05-2008, 05:30 PM
5000 bucks? ouch! That's a new roof on my house (which is why I'm selling.) lol