PDA

View Full Version : trout recipe

calvaryguy23
01-25-2008, 03:15 PM
hey anyone got a good one?

Granny Fish
01-25-2008, 04:23 PM
Heck! You don't need a recipe for cooking trout. Just roll them in some dixie fry and fry them up. :wink:

one_leg
01-25-2008, 05:34 PM
Whatever you do, don't cook it too much.

Low and slow, or hot and in a hurry.

Otherwise the muscles, which are comprised of strands of protein, will wrap up around themselves, causing the fish to become tough.

Steamed is great.

Try Confit for a change of pace.

Can't beat fried, as Grannyfish mentioned previously.

One_Leg

diamondbear
01-25-2008, 08:35 PM
I fillet bonless and skin free my trout always and then dip in flour and then egg and milk mixt. and then into herb and garlic bread crumbs and deep fry in canola oil until golden brown [ or until your house smells like smoke , lol ] enjoy with coors light beer

calvaryguy23
01-26-2008, 11:59 AM
thanks y'all :D :banana:

Sparky70
01-26-2008, 05:04 PM
I clean mine, scrape the scales off, then season them with whatever you like. Put a slice of lemon in and wrap with a slice of Bacon, wrap em up in foil, but on a low BarrBie for about 4mins on each side.
Take-em off the BarrBie add a little Tarter and EAT.

BBL2Baja
01-28-2008, 07:24 AM
I clean mine, scrape the scales off, then season them with whatever you like. Put a slice of lemon in and wrap with a slice of Bacon, wrap em up in foil, but on a low BarrBie for about 4mins on each side.
Take-em off the BarrBie add a little Tarter and EAT.

:thumb:

So many seasoning options from traditional (lemon/dill), to asian, to hawaiian to mexican (cilantro, serrano and lime). But this is the way I like to do it. Wrapped in foil on a low flame with a quick flip. Don't know that I've ever scaled a trout though. :wink:

Later,
Scott

fuj
01-28-2008, 10:49 AM
I've never been a big fan of trout other than smoked. But I found that if trout is brined before being prepared, it is palatable (for me.) YMMV, of course.

one_leg
01-28-2008, 01:57 PM
Scaling a trout removes the majority of the slime coating that many feel affects the flavor.

I don't scale them if I am steaming them in a Couscous steamer
The juices from the skin just drip into the water in the bottomof the steamer.

I usually just rinse them very well it I am pan frying them and don't intend on eating any of the skin.
But if I want to eat the skin of a fried trout, I always scale them.
I eat all, or part, of the fried troutskin about 2 out of every 6 times I cook them up.

O_L

sansou
01-28-2008, 11:52 PM
I eat all, or part, of the fried troutskin about 2 out of every 6 times I cook them up.
O_L

Hey Beautiful Mind,

Is that, uh, like somewhere around 1/3 of the time.... :wink:

Just kidding with you 6 out of 12 times.... :D

one_leg
01-30-2008, 05:30 PM
O_L

Hey Beautiful Mind,

Is that, uh, like somewhere around 1/3 of the time.... :wink:

Just kidding with you 6 out of 12 times.... :D

I will never win A BRAND NEW CAR!!!!! on The Price is Right.
My math skills are still better than Drew Carey's are....LOL :oops:

The only reason I fry them up that way sometimes is because you mentioned it Rich. They're good that way!

O_L

quik
02-09-2008, 06:57 PM
pan size we fry but the big ones she bakes at 350 for 1hour with red onions,lemon,pepper,garlic cloves.mmmm good eating! :wink: :banana:

City Dad
02-11-2008, 12:07 PM
The Best Trout Recipie Ever, Period.

Take The Lady of the Lake to the end of Lake Chelan.
Disembark at Fish creek.
Hike upstream all day, return exhausted and fishless.
Rise next morning, catch cutthroat right at mouth of creek.
Fry up some bacon, set aside, fry up trout, fry some bread,
Scarf down bacon, bread and fish next to campfire as you watch morning light begin to fall on lake while and listen to nothing but the sound of water.

(you'll never be able to eat trout any other way)