PDA

View Full Version : Don't Expect Much on the Moo-moos Scene

JapanRon
01-23-2008, 07:52 PM
Hi guys,

With the weather actually being forecast as rain, rain, and more rain .... don't expect too many reports till the weekend up here L.A. way. According to 2 sources ... 5 landings got a total of 5 boats (most northernly landing ... Newport) out today!!

I ..... my ...... group got rained out today! No Report Didn't look good for tomorrow either ! Could part of the no reservations be due to the full moon ?????

JapanRon

one_leg
01-23-2008, 08:55 PM
Ron, do you think the people crazy enough to fish in the winter, like we do, are on the corner howling at the moon instead?

Sorry you weren't able to make it out there.

One_Leg

JapanRon
01-23-2008, 09:20 PM
Hi one_leg,

No kiddin' !! Three of us from the club didn't get the word of the cancellation from the guy that makes them for the club so ..... we sat in the cold till the office opened and had our suspicions confirmed. I had tried to call the office at 5:20pm and 5:25pm the night before but nobody answered. Poor cook (Ron) didn't get the word either !!

Gotta remember to call the office earlier the day before !!

Howling at the FULL moon .... all of that bait (Squid) in the water ... AND ..... did you notice the tide variance ???? HOLY COW ....... 7 or 8 feet difference within just a few hours !! ...might have been a tough trip anyways.

look forward to fishing with you and steve here in the near future,

JapanRon

ghetto dad
01-23-2008, 10:04 PM
DEFINITELY ron.....sorry about that last sunday trip bro...i figured youd see it on the rendevous man.....take it easy...

GD

JapanRon
01-24-2008, 11:36 AM
Hi ghetto dad,

No problem .... I had forgotten that I should check out a thread/post here for when the next get-together would be soooooooooo ..... my bad !! :)

Dang weatherman ... who knows what's gonna happen in the next few days !! With more and more boats going off-line ... choices are gettin' pretty slim. Tell me the Spitfire is not going off-line anytime soon. As we know ... in some ways .. it's not just the boat but the crew and they could always have another ride.

Remember the old days when Redondo had no less than 6~7 moo-moos (not charter boats) on-line almost all the time ??

Thanks for the good work and efforts you make,

JapanRon