PDA

View Full Version : Carpinteria SB 1/19-1/20

big dan
01-23-2008, 06:23 PM
Camped at Carpinteria last weekend. Fished Saturday afternoon. Caught 6 BSP, all dink to medium sized. All caught on camo sandworms. Tried my new 10' med Cabela's Whuppin Stick. Not bad for such a cheap rod, I could chuck a 1/2 oz pretty far with it, great sensitivity, too.
Fished Sunday morning, hooking up another 3 perch and then the action died way down. My wife comes out to fish and throws a small Gulp sand crab and immediately catches a nice BSP slab. I had laughed at her at Sport Chalet when she picked out the sand crabs becasue they were "cute."-i had never had any luck with them. So now i had to suck it up and ask to use some of her bait. I caught 4 in a row on successive casts.

tacklejunkie
01-23-2008, 08:41 PM
Nice work man!
I found the gulp 1/2" white/copper/pepper color sandcrabs work ok, as well as the 3" white/red flake squids. I bought the small gulp 2" sandworm alive bucket and threw the sandcrabs and squids in there with them to soak. Kindof a Surf cocktail of gulp products. :lol:

Wingnut
01-23-2008, 08:46 PM
2" Gulp Camo Sandworms is "Perch Crack". :wink:

Nice job on the Perch hunt Big Dan. :mrgreen:

That's a good idea TJ putting all the Gulp product in the same Alive Bucket. Less stuff to carry around.

tacklejunkie
01-23-2008, 08:48 PM
I was a bit skeptical at first that the colors from the plastics would bleed into each other, but it seems they're holding their colors just fine!

Skyler
01-24-2008, 04:44 PM
I was a bit skeptical at first that the colors from the plastics would bleed into each other, but it seems they're holding their colors just fine!

Yeah, we put the Gulp squids and the sandworms together, and there was very little color bleeding if any at all. Pretty well designed product. Nice work on the perch, Big Dan.