PDA

View Full Version : Zuma Beach Rumble

BakoBassin
01-23-2008, 02:27 PM
So, what will I need to bring...besides my liquor?

I'm not looking to spend a bunch of money. Maybe just three or four essentials in the way of plastics. I may splurge and pick up an LC. So which one of those would I get if I was just buying one? Oh, and hooks for the plastics.

Cangler
01-23-2008, 02:31 PM
Gulp CSW and frozen squid for bait , size 4 owner hooks

tacklejunkie
01-24-2008, 08:47 PM
Bring two LC's or you'll be pissed when you lose one and don't have another :lol:
2" GCSW rock the perch!

calico killer kevin
01-24-2008, 10:24 PM
Bring two LC's or you'll be pissed when you lose one and don't have another :lol:
2" GCSW rock the perch!
Or you could just not use berkley vanish! :lol: You should get a lucky craft flah minnow 110 sp in aurora black and a couple of krocodiles for halis and gcsw for perch. Unfortunately I will not be going because my birthday is that day. :cry:

Calico Killer Kevin

City Dad
01-25-2008, 03:14 PM

I'm not looking to spend a bunch of money. Maybe just three or four essentials in the way of plastics. I may splurge and pick up an LC. So which one of those would I get if I was just buying one? Oh, and hooks for the plastics.

2" twister grubs - a few green, a few in the rust/motor-oil range. Gulp Camo sand worms (or dynamite if you can't find Gulp) That's all you need! Halibut off of the Pacific coast are a myth.

Overall, tackle not a big concern... what you wear is what will make your trip. I like a nice, tweed jacket with sued elbow patches. Match this with a conservatively cut pair of wool slacks, ghilie boots and prerhaps a porkpie hat and pipe and you are ready to praticipate in the art of fyshing wyth an ayngle. Tally-ho!

CoffeaRobusta
01-25-2008, 04:26 PM
Overall, tackle not a big concern... what you wear is what will make your trip. I like a nice, tweed jacket with sued elbow patches. Match this with a conservatively cut pair of wool slacks, ghilie boots and prerhaps a porkpie hat and pipe and you are ready to praticipate in the art of fyshing wyth an ayngle. Tally-ho!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Hey I didn't know your real name was Izaak Walton.

calico killer kevin
01-25-2008, 09:57 PM

2" twister grubs - a few green, a few in the rust/motor-oil range. Gulp Camo sand worms (or dynamite if you can't find Gulp) That's all you need! Halibut off of the Pacific coast are a myth.

I'm sure wingnut wouldn't agree! :lol:

Calico Killer Kevin

Wingnut
01-25-2008, 11:22 PM
[quote=BakoBassin]So, what will I need to bring...besides my liquor?

I'm sure wingnut wouldn't agree! :lol:

Calico Killer Kevin[/quote:40789]

Hey, at least if you can't catch any fish, you'll look really sharp getting Skunked. Bako, just bring whatever you got, we'll make it work for you and there will be plenty of people there, myself included, to lend a helping hand. :wink: :mrgreen:

BakoBassin
01-26-2008, 09:11 AM
Thanks everyone for the tips. I'll bring the essentials and go from there. I like to be self sufficient if at all possible.

I look forward to finally meeting you guys.