PDA

View Full Version : Owens River 1-20 Wild Brown section AND PVR

Ragetron
01-22-2008, 01:24 PM
Went to visit my sister in mammoth and do some snowboarding. Decided to break away from the family and get some fishing in early saturday morning. I had never fished up this year and wasn't sure what to expect. I fished the ild trout section below the Pleasant valley Res. dam for about two and a half hours. I got three browns all about the same size. (about 1 - 2 #s). But missed at least twice that many hits(But I love the challenge of fishing barbless). I could see most of the fish hit my lures and two of them were easily over 4 lbs. There are tons of browns in there and some big ones. I can't wait to go back and try again in a week or two. They were hitting a rapala brown trout, and a rainbow pin minnow. Would have taken pictures but got my camera out after first fish to photo and realized I hadn't Also went up to PVR because I had never been there and was interested in seeing it. Fished a half hour and caught and released 5 stockers. Pretty great day. I love it up there.

BRAD

tpfishnfool
01-22-2008, 02:10 PM
Ya gotta love the owens this time of year.. Hard to stop looking at the mountains and keep focus on the task at hand huh ? Thanks for letting
me know I need to get my *** up there..

tacklejunkie
01-23-2008, 10:19 AM
Hehe,
Been planning to head up there! Good to hear there are browns running around everywhere :lol: Thanks for the report man, sounds like a good time!