PDA

View Full Version : What battery?

FR0G
01-21-2008, 08:09 PM
What battery should I buy for my trolling motor on my pontoon? I have a Minnkota Endura 30.

cglant
01-22-2008, 02:15 PM
I have a battery for sale or two if you want them both. You need a Deep Cycle Marine battery if you want to get more than 2 or 3 hours out of it. The one that I have I used about 6 times with a 50 pound thrust motor and it would last about 3 hours maybe 4. I have the minn kota battery box that tells you how much power the battery has left. PM if you want I have two batteries and a nice shakespeare deep cycle charger if your interested I am willing to negotiate on price.

Ronira
01-23-2008, 10:22 AM
Hey Frog, check your owners manual for the ampere hour requirement for your motor and exceed that requirement just a little. My Endura 36 needs a 12 volt deep cycle marine battery with 105 ampere hour rating so I got a battery with 115 amp hour rating. I have yet to drain that battery and I have towed two other toons and pushed tubers at the same time. The new Optimax batterys are supposed to be really nice due to lower size and weight for the same power and longer life. Z-Tunakiller has one and he swears by it. A battery box is a must in my opinion and one with a level indicater is cool if you want to spend the money. Weight is a big consideration for me so I wouldn't go too much over your motor requirement. My battery is the heavyest thing on my toon until I get my big but on. Good luck with it and let us know how it works out. Ron :)

Z-TUNAKILLER
01-29-2008, 10:03 AM
Hey Frog, check your owners manual for the ampere hour requirement for your motor and exceed that requirement just a little. My Endura 36 needs a 12 volt deep cycle marine battery with 105 ampere hour rating so I got a battery with 115 amp hour rating. I have yet to drain that battery and I have towed two other toons and pushed tubers at the same time. The new Optimax batterys are supposed to be really nice due to lower size and weight for the same power and longer life. Z-Tunakiller has one and he swears by it. A battery box is a must in my opinion and one with a level indicater is cool if you want to spend the money. Weight is a big consideration for me so I wouldn't go too much over your motor requirement. My battery is the heavyest thing on my toon until I get my big but on. Good luck with it and let us know how it works out. Ron :)

Hey now Frog, I have 2 Optima Blue Top Deep Cycle Marine Battery and i'm glad i spent the extra $, way less weight and way more batt. life and they recharge very fast.

GOOD LUCK

Z

FISH ON !