PDA

View Full Version : Help appreciated

sktruth
01-21-2008, 07:14 PM
I just purchased a 12' aluminum boat that came with a 9.9merc, trolling motor, and fish finder. I am really interested in doing some hooping. Is there anyplace between dana point and long beach, that i could launch from and possibly have a chance at some lobster? can lobster be caught inside of harbours? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re8elmonk0341
01-21-2008, 07:36 PM
Yah.....when we going out :wink:

lucky catch
01-22-2008, 01:13 PM
Bug hunting is a night time game. You'll need to rig the boat with running lights. I can put you on bugs in Santa Monica Bay but I don't know about dana point. Call me if you need a hooping partner, my lower unit died yestrday. Yesterdays count was 9 bugs and 10 crabs. Rick 818-348-6939

HESBROS
01-23-2008, 09:38 AM
You can launch at Dana Point Harbor at Emarcadero Marina. The are open 24/7, $10.00 to launch, they have an electric gate for after hours. The areas along the breakwalls surrounding Dana Point are usually pretty good spots, though they have been slow lately. You can work the inside and outside of the walls, just be careful of which way the wind is blowing so you dont get blown into the rocks. When we first started hooping, we started at Dana Point, working the outside of the wall that comes out from Doheny State beach, due to its location, you will be out of the big swell that usually pushes from the west/nw. But the offshore down cyn wind gets blowing pretty good at that location this time of the year. Hope this helps, let me know if you need more info on Dana Point.

sktruth
01-23-2008, 04:46 PM
thanks for all the help.