PDA

View Full Version : Storing fishing Line Question?????

TunaChaser469
01-20-2008, 10:08 PM
A question for you fisherman. How long will monofilament line last when being stored? I store my spools in a large shoebox type container where no light or heat can get to it. How long will it last? Whats the best way to store fishing line?

Bobbyk
01-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Hard to tell, but when putting line on your reel you should always give it an integrety test first so you don't lose any fish due to your line being weaker.

ghetto dad
01-21-2008, 03:47 PM
Hard to tell, but when putting line on your reel you should always give it an integrety test first so you don't lose any fish due to your line being weaker.

ok bobby...lol

GD

k3vin_kim
01-21-2008, 04:26 PM
yeah bobby, want me to box your as$ to the ground again the next time i see you?

one_leg
01-21-2008, 05:10 PM
It will last for years and years!

Where can I get one of those Integrety Testers? I have searched everywhere and cannot find any retailers that stock them. Is this the same kinda machine that tests the strength of fishing line knots? How much do they cost? Can I make one of them myself? I am very handy with a screwdriver and hammer. Can I borrow yours?

TIA,

One_Leg

TunaChaser469
01-21-2008, 07:16 PM
Where can I get one of those Integrety Testers? I have searched everywhere and cannot find any retailers that stock them. Is this the same kinda machine that tests the strength of fishing line knots? How much do they cost? Can I make one of them myself? I am very handy with a screwdriver and hammer. Can I borrow yours?

TIA,

One_Leg

Hey One_Leg...If I let you borrow my electric hammer, will you make me one too? :lol:

Bobbyk
01-21-2008, 07:25 PM
Hey Kevin maybe try to catch me after I have not started a double :secret: for integrety test just tie a dropper loop and give it a tug it shouldn't break too easily and if it does well then :(

ghetto dad
01-21-2008, 07:43 PM
Hey Kevin maybe try to catch me after I have not started a double :secret: for integrety test just tie a dropper loop and give it a tug it shouldn't break too easily and if it does well then :(
unless of course the loop is corroded on the weight.....

one_leg
01-22-2008, 12:24 AM
unless of course the loop is corroded on the weight.....

This is the point where someone was supposed to say, DITTO!

O_L

TunaChaser469
01-22-2008, 01:41 PM
There is a line integrity tester:

Black Max Line Tester
Black Max™ AccuLineTester
The only portable line tester on the market today, the Black Max™ AcuLineTester is a precision fishing line tester specifically designed for the most serious big game fishermen. The Black Max allows the angler to check knot strength, ensure proper crimp integrity and verify IGFA pre-tested lines(record fishermen should not be without one).

Here is the link http://www.meltontackle.com/catalog/pro ... t_id=13190 (http://www.meltontackle.com/catalog/product.asp?product_id=13190)

one_leg
01-22-2008, 03:01 PM
Wow, only $2500 for a Line Integrity Tester.

I'll let you guys borrow mine once I've tested all my fishing lines strength.

:rofl: