PDA

View Full Version : PLEASANT VALLEY HOGS!!!!!..WOW!!! 2 DAY TRIP..PART 2...1-20

droogie23
01-20-2008, 08:56 PM
AS MY STORY CONTINUES WE CATCH A LOT MORE FISH.....AND DECIDE TO CALL IT AT 5PM AS IT WAS STARTING TO GET COLD REALLY FAST....AS WE ARE WALKING BACK I TELL MY WIFE NO ONE IS GOING TO BELIEVE ME WHEN I TELL THEM THAT I CAUGHT 11 FISH THAT WEIGHED AT LEAST 5LBS EACH.....WOW!!!! SHE SAID YOU HAVE THE PICS TO PROVE IT....YEAH BUT .....ITS ALMOST SURREAL OR UN HEARD OF.....WELL ALL I CAN SAY IS ENJOY THE PICS... BECAUSE THEY SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES...AS FOR MY TOTALS FOR DAY ONE WELLLLLLL-ID SAY BETWEEN 40 AND 50 TOTAL!!!!!!...ALL FISH WERE CATCH, PICTURE, AND RELEASED...SO THEY CAN CONTINUE TO EVEN GET BIGGER.........

DAY2.....
WELL THIS WAS GOING TO BE QUICK BEING THAT WE HAD TO CHECK OUT OF THE HOTEL AT 11AM..SO I HAD ABOUT 3HRS TO FISH...I ARRIVE AT PVR AND DECIDE TO DO SOME EXPLORING ..SO I FISH DIFFERENT AREAS JUST TRING TO FIND DIFFERENT HONEY HOLES..AS IM WALKING I SEE 3 DEER WALKING UP THE HILL..WOW..NATURE AT HER BEST...I END UP AROUND WHERE I WAS THE DAY BEFORE,...BUT THIS TIME ITS SLOW...IM WORKING REALLY HARD TO FIND THE FISH,...MY FIRST HOOK UP COMES ABOUT AN HR INTO IT....AND WHAT A SURPRISE...A BROWN!!!!! MY FAVORITE WOOO HOOOO..I HURRY AND GET A PIC AND AWAY IT WENT..I CAUGHT IT ON A DROP SHOT USING A BLACK SHAD POWER WORM....NOT MUCH ACTION GOING ON FOR THE FIRST HR AND A HALF...ONLY A FEW BEING CAUGHT..JUST AVERAGE SIZE....THIS TIME THERE IS A SLIGHT BREEZE AND ITS A LIL COLDER...WELL I THROW SOME LURES FOR NO LOVE , KASTMATERS,PANTHER MARTINS,,,NOTHING...I TRY A LIP RIPPERZ SNOT ROCKET AND MANAGE 1 OFF OF THAT....SO MY OTHER ROD IS SET UP FOR THE DROP SHOT AND I THROW A FIRETIGER MINNOW AND ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZ ON THE 1ST CAST HERE WE GO AGAIN.....SHE FOUGHT ME FOR 10 MINS..AND SHE WAS BY FAR MY BIGGEST PROBABLY AROUND 6 OR 7 LBS...THE ONLY PROBLEM WAS I WAS BY MYSELF AND WHEN I BROUGHT HER TO SHORE AND GRABED HER TO SNAP A PIC ... SHE STARTED SQUIRTING EGGS OUT..NOW IF THIS WAS A REGIONAL PARK LIKE GLEN HELEN OR CORONA I WOULD HAVE CARED LESS BECAUSE THOSE FISH WILL NEVER SPAWN IN THOSE LAKES SO I DECIDED JUST TO SNAPS SOME OF HER IN THE WATER...WHICH DONT DO HER JUSTICE ON HOW BIG SHE WAS.....WELL I STAYED TILL 10AM AND MANAGED A FEW MORE AND I ALSO CAUGHT 1 MORE BROWN BEFORE LEAVING....AFTER CHECKING OUT I COAXED THE WIFE INTO LETTING ME MESS AROUND AT THE OWENS RIVER FOR A LIL WHILE WHERE I MANAGED ONE TROUT.....WE HEADED HOME AT 1PM AND THIS WAS TRIP I WILL NEVER FORGET...
MY TOTALS -8 BOWS AND 2 BROWNS ALL CPR!!! FOR PVR ..1 TROUT AT THE OWENS RIVER

FishnSierra
01-21-2008, 09:19 AM
nice fish pictures man.

just a reminder, those who plan on going up there before the season opens up again its a 5 fish a day and 5 in POSSESSION, so even if u stay a week you can only have 5 fish a person going home.

FreshandSalt
01-21-2008, 04:55 PM
nice report. i was up there a couple weeks ago. we arrived on the day they stocked the brooters in the owens. between the four of us caught 52 trout in 2 days...kept our limits only ofcourse. we got a 6.5, 5.5, 4.5, 4.0, 3.5, 3.0, 3.0, 2.5 and about 15 fish at the 2 pound mark. even the smallest of the fish were about a pound or small brownies. fishin is stylin up there right now.

rotto84
01-21-2008, 09:12 PM
Nice trout, nice pictures!

droogie23
01-21-2008, 09:31 PM
nice report. i was up there a couple weeks ago. we arrived on the day they stocked the brooters in the owens. between the four of us caught 52 trout in 2 days...kept our limits only ofcourse. we got a 6.5, 5.5, 4.5, 4.0, 3.5, 3.0, 3.0, 2.5 and about 15 fish at the 2 pound mark. even the smallest of the fish were about a pound or small brownies. fishin is stylin up there right now.

YEAH BRO THERE ARE SOME QUALITY FISH IN THERE RIGHT NOW...I PUT EVERY FISH THAT I CAUGHT BACK ..SO THERE WILL BE PLENTY TO CATCH WHEN I GO BACK UP IN A FEW WEEKS!

Baseballer44
01-21-2008, 09:35 PM
I'm in disbelief. Awesome reports. What an awesome place to get some family time in.

fisherkid47
01-21-2008, 09:45 PM
Great reports and awesome pics, good to see that its still good up there now. I might head up there soon.

droogie23
01-21-2008, 09:51 PM
I'm in disbelief. Awesome reports. What an awesome place to get some family time in.

YOU!!!!.....SO AM I :D ....ALL DAY AT WORK I KEPT ASKING MYSELF "DID THAT JUST HAPPENED THIS WEEKEND?"...UNBELIEVABLE!!

mkadaddy
01-22-2008, 12:50 PM
Beautiful pics, nice report looks like good weather also lucky you.

IncredibleHuck
01-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the great report and pix. I surely missed the sierras this last year with my Alaska, but I can't wait to make it backup there soon!

Did you guys try to go up to any of the lakes to take a look? Any idea on how much snow is up there?

Ragetron
01-22-2008, 01:16 PM
Great report. I was up there this weekend also, mostly to snowboard, but I broke away one morning to get some fishing in. Its great at PVR and the Owens right now. In response to the last reply. There is a lot of snow pretty much everywhere above Pleasant valley. All the Lakes in the Mammoth Lakes basin and probably June lake loop are frozen over.

Tight Lines

Beeracuda211
01-22-2008, 03:23 PM

YEAH BRO THERE ARE SOME QUALITY FISH IN THERE RIGHT NOW...I PUT EVERY FISH THAT I CAUGHT BACK ..SO THERE WILL BE PLENTY TO CATCH WHEN I GO BACK UP IN A FEW WEEKS!

That's if the poachers that are reading this aren't up there already eating and killing the trout... LOL

B/C

T_Rob
01-23-2008, 12:44 AM
Hey Droogie,

Saw you guys (well, your wife and kids) on the way back to the ride for lunch on Saturday! I just posted a report of our trip earlier tonight. Definitely a blast fishing there this weekend. But then again, big fish or not, it's always fun to fish there. Sure missed tubing it this time around, but I was fine hanging out on the shoreline with my son and some good friends.

Anyways, great report and congrats on the fine catch(es)!!!! See you out there next time around!

Tight lines!
Tony

boxl0bster
01-24-2008, 11:18 PM
nice! i wish i had the time to go up there. :banana:

one_leg
01-24-2008, 11:27 PM
Nice report, and pics.

I want my fair share too!!!

O_L

BigGameHunter
01-25-2008, 07:48 PM
Great pics..... Looks like you and the family had a blast. How did the little ones hold up on the walk?

Great report.

BGH

jig-jig-jig
01-25-2008, 08:01 PM
Awesome pics!

droogie23
01-26-2008, 09:04 PM
Great pics..... Looks like you and the family had a blast. How did the little ones hold up on the walk?

Great report.

BGH

THANKS BRO!!!..THEY HELD UP WELL BEING THAT WE BROUGHT AN OLD STROLLER TO PUSH THEM IN... :D

BigGameHunter
01-26-2008, 09:36 PM
THANKS BRO!!!..THEY HELD UP WELL BEING THAT WE BROUGHT AN OLD STROLLER TO PUSH THEM IN...

haha nice.... Hope to see out there soon...

BGH

Fearless
01-27-2008, 09:38 PM
That my friend was amazing dude. What were you using for bait!!!!

droogie23
01-28-2008, 08:55 PM
That my friend was amazing dude. What were you using for bait!!!!

THANKS BRO!!!!

Greg Madrigal
01-30-2008, 07:51 PM
Fabulous post Droogie! I really enjoyed the pics. Excellent job exposing your family this this great activity, and especially in the Sierras! :wink:

GLM <><