PDA

View Full Version : PLEASANT VALLEY HOGS!!!!!..WOW!!! 2 DAY TRIP..PART 1...1-19

droogie23
01-20-2008, 08:09 PM
THIS IS THE REASON WHY YOU CAN NEVER COMPARE TROUT FISHING IN SO CAL TO EASTERN SIERRA TROUT!!!!!....NEVER HAD I EXPECTED TO HAVE CAUGHT SO MANY 5LBERS...AS I WRITE THIS I AM IN AMAZEMENT AT THIS WHOLE PAST WEEKEND AND COULDNT WAIT TO POST THIS REPORT....WE HAD BEEN PLANNING TO GO TO PVR FOR SOME TIME...BEERACUDA,ME, AND SOME OTHER FNNERS HAD PLANNED A TRIP FOR EARLIER THIS MONTH,BUT THAT DIDNT WORK OUT....I TOLD MYSELF SOMEHOW IM GOING THIS MONTH....WE CHOSE THE RIGHT WEEKEND...THE LAST TIME I WAS UP THERE ME,MY BUDDY STEVE AND NACHO ALL TUBED PVR AND WE ALL KILLED IT(BACK IN AUGUST)..OVER A 100 FISH FOR ME AND NACHO...AND I THINK STEVE WAS AT 80 OR 90....I KNEW THIS PLACE PRODUCED!!!!...BUT I WAS IN FOR SOME NEW AMAZEMENT...MY BUDDY STEVE HAD BEEN THERE A COUPLE OF TIMES SINCE WE LAST WENT AND HAD GREAT DAYS...SO I KNEW IT WAS GOING TO BE GOOD..........WELL AFTER A 20MIN WALK I GET TO MY DESTINATION AND AWAY WE GO.....IST CAST BAM A NICE 3LB BROODSTOCK CAUGHT ON A DROPSHOT W/ A MINNOW...WOW!!!...FOR THE FIRST 30 MINS I GET 10 FISH MOSTLY AVERAGE SIZE BUT GREAT FIGHTERS I USED MOSTLY THE DROP SHOT W/MINNOWS AND POWER WORMS....JUST LIKE THE LAST TIME WE WERE HERE,... OFF TO A GREAT START....AS THE SUN COMMES UP...IT GETS A LIL WARMER AND I SWITCH TO THE "TOMINGO TWIST"!!!!!! AND ITS ON...I START GETTING FISH.. AFTER ..FISH ..AFTER ..FISH....BUT WHATS UNIQUE IS THEY ARE ALL FREAKIN HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....NOW ONE DOESNT EXPECT TO CATCH REALLY BIG FISH WHEN FISHING THE SIERRAS,..AND WHEN YOU DO TRY TO PRACTICE CPR!!!!THATS WHY THIS WAS REALLY SPECIAL AND YOU APPRIECIATE THE QUALITY OF THESE HOGS!!!!....THESE ARE THE REASONS WHY IM NOT IMPRESSED WITH ALL THESE FREAK A ZOID STEROID FISH THAT PEOPLE BRAG ABOUT CATCHING IN SOCAL...NOW DONT GET ME WRONG I LOVE TO CATCH THE BIG ONES OVER HERE AS MUCH AS THE NEXT GUY,,BUT YOU JUST CANT COMPARE UNTILL YOU HAVE CAUGHT SOME SIERRA FISH...SIERRA FISH ARE BY FAR MORE VIBRANT AND GIVE BETTER FIGHTS!!!!...JUST LOOK AT THE TAILS!!!!..FOR THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT I HOPE YOU AGREE...AND FOR THOSE WHO DONT...WELL YOU NEED TO GET UP THERE AND EXPERIENCE REAL TROUT FISHING......BACK TO THE STORY....WELL AFTER 3HRS OF NON STOP ACTION... I WAS SO EXCITED I CALLED MY WIFE TO TELL HER I WAS COMING TO GET HER AND THE KIDS SO THEY COULD GET IN ON THE ACTION........WE GET BACK AROUND 1PM..20MINS LATER WERE BACK AT IT EXCEPT I REALLY WANTED MY WIFE TO CATH A FISH,... FOR THIS WAS HER 1ST TIME ACTUALLY FISHING THE SIERRAS..SO I PLAYED COACH. FINDING TIME TO FISH IN BETWEEN TUTORING THE WIFE AND KIDS...WE STATED TILL 5PM AND IT WAS WIDE OPEN.....TO BE CONTIUED ON PART 2..ENJOY THESE PICS!!!

johnsfishing
01-20-2008, 08:56 PM
W :shock: W!!! congrats! thanks for the report!! amazing trip!

johnsfishing

Beeracuda211
01-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Nice Job out there Droogie... I'm glad that stuff I gave you worked out... they are awesome in certain places and I know they kill up there... Whats the deal with the gill plates? Sorry I couldn't make this trip... Had to take a test for another Job on Saturday and Today I had to take care of some more business.. Looks like you and the family had fun :thumb: Ive got some more tricks up my sleeve... I'll show them to you once I try them out ;)

B/C

droogie23
01-20-2008, 09:03 PM
W :shock: W!!! congrats! thanks for the report!! amazing trip! are boats w/ 2/ stroke 15hps allowed on PVR?

johnsfishing
NO BOATS ALLOWED,..BUT YOU CAN TUBE IT!!!!....

droogie23
01-20-2008, 09:08 PM
Nice Job out there Droogie... I'm glad that stuff I gave you worked out... they are awesome in certain places and I know they kill up there... Whats the deal with the gill plates? Sorry I couldn't make this trip... Had to take a test for another Job on Saturday and Today I had to take care of some more business.. Looks like you and the family had fun :thumb: Ive got some more tricks up my sleeve... I'll show them to you once I try them out ;)

B/C
THANKS BRO...WE NEED TO GET UP THERE AGAIN ASAP!!!!!..THE GILL PLATES ARE THE DFGS WAY OF MARKING THERE BROODSTOCK ....WHICH MY BUDDY STEVE SAYS THEY ARE USED FOR BREEDING...THEY ARE ALL BIG FISH RANGING FROM 3LBS AND UP..LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU WANT TO ROLL IM DOWN ANY WEEKEND!!!!

johnsfishing
01-20-2008, 09:14 PM
W :shock: W!!! congrats! thanks for the report!! amazing trip! are boats w/ 2/ stroke 15hps allowed on PVR?

johnsfishing
NO BOATS ALLOWED,..BUT YOU CAN TUBE IT!!!!....

BIGRED KILLA
01-20-2008, 11:02 PM
Nice looking trout looks like you guys did great :thumb: i love the sierras the trout actually have tails and they fight.I was going to go earlier this month but it did not work out thanks to Cuda and Farmy flaker's there should be a trip planed soon.

Bigred

droogie23
01-20-2008, 11:46 PM
[quote="BIGRED KILLA"]Nice looking trout looks like you guys did great :thumb: i love the sierras the trout actually have tails and they fight.I was going to go earlier this month but it did not work out thanks to Cuda and Farmy flaker's there should be a trip planed soon.

Bigred[/q
THANKS MAN...YEAH THATS THE TRIP I WAS TALKING ABOUT IN THIS POST...THERE IS NO COMPARISON BETWEEN FISHING OVER HERE AND OVER THERE...IM READY TO....JUST LET ME KNOW WHEN THE NEXT TRIP IS

WAVEMHOME
01-21-2008, 09:50 AM
Droog-

The tails, the colors, the fight, the scenery... the Sierras can't be beat.

Awesome job! We've had some crazy days in numbers but never with that girth, congrats. I've never hit PVR but I might have to on the next trip which is only 17 days 4 hours and 21 minutes away... (I'm not anxious or anything...) :lol:

How tough is the hike? Our party will include a 4 and 7 year old all the way to some 60 somethings is it easy terrain?

Thanks for the report and conratulations again.

Wavemhome

Trout-Slayer77
01-21-2008, 09:51 AM
way to go :D beautiful fish, and nice pics / report :wink:

J-hook
01-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Very nice! :appl:

I've never seen those plates, or tagged fish. Are we supposed to be throwing those back, or reporting them to F&G??

tpfishnfool
01-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Truly awsome report and pics.. Great timing in the dfg broodstockers

Sparky70
01-21-2008, 04:10 PM
Keep 2 to eat for dinner. Throw the rest back so someone else will enjoy dinner. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Beeracuda211
01-21-2008, 06:53 PM
Nice looking trout looks like you guys did great :thumb: i love the sierras the trout actually have tails and they fight.I was going to go earlier this month but it did not work out thanks to Cuda and Farmy flaker's there should be a trip planed soon.
Bigred

Red, you got it all wrong, Don't listen to your brother anymore... The real story goes " More Like Paddy and Farmy "... I drove back from vegas to go on that trip with you guys and when I got back all the plans got changed... Pretty Messed up if you ask me.... That's alright, I may forgive, but I never forget... :twisted: LOL

B/C

BIGRED KILLA
01-21-2008, 07:19 PM
I believe your story Cuda see you at the fin and feather real soon.

Bigred

tpfishnfool
01-21-2008, 07:50 PM
I believe your story Cuda see you at the fin and feather real soon.

ONLY 12 MORE DAYS TILL TP SLAYS !!

Bigred

droogie23
01-21-2008, 09:41 PM
Droog-

The tails, the colors, the fight, the scenery... the Sierras can't be beat.

Awesome job! We've had some crazy days in numbers but never with that girth, congrats. I've never hit PVR but I might have to on the next trip which is only 17 days 4 hours and 21 minutes away... (I'm not anxious or anything...) :lol:

How tough is the hike? Our party will include a 4 and 7 year old all the way to some 60 somethings is it easy terrain?

Thanks for the report and conratulations again.

Wavemhome

THANKS BRO....YEAH THE SIERRAS CANT BE BEAT....IM EVEN CONSIDERING MOVING TO BISHOP..IM A DRIVER FOR UPS AND THEY HAVE A HUB RIGHT IN BISHOP...WELL AS FOR PVR,..THE HIKE IS ABOUT 20 TO 30 MIN HIKE BUT ITS A CONCRETE ROAD SO THE KIDS WILL BE FINE JUST HIKING DOWN THE ROCKS CAN BE A LIL DANGEROUS..JUST FIND A PLACE ON SHORE WHERE ITS FLAT AND THE KIDS WILL BE FINE

droogie23
01-21-2008, 09:44 PM
Very nice! :appl:

I've never seen those plates, or tagged fish. Are we supposed to be throwing those back, or reporting them to F&G??

NO THEY ARE DFG BROODSTOCK FISH THEY ARE USED BY THE DFG FOR BREEDING

droogie23
01-21-2008, 09:46 PM
Truly awsome report and pics.. Great timing in the dfg broodstockers

THANKS!!!!..YEAH IT WAS GREAT TIMING...!!!!!

BigGameHunter
01-25-2008, 08:00 PM
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

BGH

riverside_angler
01-27-2008, 12:03 PM
great report! i'm thinking about hitting that place up when i go up there for the opener. i understand that you have to hike back there, but is there a place to park a 28 foot trailer there? how is the road to the parking area, wide open or narrow and windy? please advise.

thanks.

nismotech91
01-27-2008, 01:33 PM
Beautiful place! I cant wait to visit and fish there! My co-workers take time off and head up there
for a couple days. I think this year Im not going to turn them down!

Native Gal
01-27-2008, 09:37 PM
Nice trip,
Thanks for the report.
The Sierras is my favorite place to fish, outside of NoCal. PVR always has huge, beautiful fish, major lunkers have been pulled out of there. Hot during the summer months though. Bishop has a large campground when you first pull in, Brown's Town CG that you can pull your trailers into or tent it. Then all you have to do is take short drives to the Mtn. or river to fish. PVR is a short drive no. of Bishop. Sometimes they have a dry camp site near PVR and there is also a camp site closer to the PVR entrance on the left. It has always been a good place to fish.
Sometimes the DFG likes to get reports back on the tagged fish to see how they are surviving, the local tackle shops will let you know if the info will be noted. I love hiking into the mtns to the smaller glacier lakes, beautiful hard fighting fish back there. Can't wait to make the next trip. If anyone is interested in going fishing near the Bishop area I highly recommend it. There are plenty of lakes accessible to take the whole family. I have been fishing there for about 20 years and still look forward to my next trip because it is always an excellent place to fish.
Tight lines to all. :D

NG