PDA

View Full Version : Outside La Harbor Walls 1/19

flyngby
01-20-2008, 07:47 PM
I met up with the HESBROS at 0430 and arrived at Cabrillo Beach launch approx 0615. We launched and made bait at the local receiver and headed around the wall to the west. The BROS usually fish the Dana PT. area but we planned a buddy boat trip to this area for Sunday. However due to ever changing weather conditions they called and moved it up to Saturday. My son had made plans for Saturday so the buddy boat trip went to us getting together on the larger boat.

We tried several drifts off the Penninsula but the offshore winds did not cooperate and blew us out. We moved back east to find more favorable conditions.

We made several drifts across the Channel entrance for a decent day of WINTER fishing before setting up for some Hoopin.

Eddie and Rich, you two are great to go out with and to be able to go to a new area and have and have that action was great. I know you guys love the HALI"S
and from Edddie on the way there
I HATE BASS FISSIN you two put us on some fish. Eddie started off fast on the first drop with 1 of our 3 shorts for the day but as you can tell from the photos he was not happy to not find the "Butts" J/K.

I did manage to catch the first Short Butt of the season on the HESBROS. Sorry Guys!!!

In all we caught 10+ Sandies, 5 Calico, 15+ Sculpin, 5 asst. Rock Fish , 1 short Butt , and lots of raked baits.

The Hoopin "SUCKED" except for some fish while sitting and waiting.

Thanks for another god day Guys!!!!

hakaveli
01-20-2008, 08:39 PM
great job there

BIGRED KILLA
01-20-2008, 10:02 PM
Nice job out there very nice variety :thumb:

Bigred

cappo
01-21-2008, 10:21 AM
nice bassin
thanks for the report and pics

JapanRon
01-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Hi flyingby,

Great to see all those bass caught. Had to have been a great trip. Thanks for the report and pics you guys know how to catch those little fishys !!

JapanRon

HESBROS
01-21-2008, 12:45 PM
Hey Steve, thanks for posting the report! We had a great time, even though I am the biggest fan of bass fishing, I am glad you got one hali, even if it was short. Hey, for winter time fishing, we did great. You forgot to mention our 21 armed starfish lol!

flyngby
01-21-2008, 06:41 PM
Eddie.

Yes I did. It was a Sunflower Starfish, and 2 of the rock fish were Calico Rockfish.

Still can't identify your rockfish or Rich's. Should have taken a picture of his to make it easier to ID.