PDA

View Full Version : sunday 1/20

catchemdano
01-20-2008, 06:59 PM
headed out again today out of mdr, fished by myself today.got bait at inseine sardines & chovies, at better grade of bait today, headed up to p.v.current was a lot stronger this am.and then it turn to almost glass a hour later, :P first cast a short ling, second cast a snagged a rock tried to muscle it loose and snapped my pole, oh well cheap big 5 special anyways, ended up catching some small assorted rockfish. so move up to the point, just kept loosing tackle on the rocks,just as I was ready to move big bendo another nice ling but he has to go back, so moved around a few places and the current died and so did the fishing,finally started making my way back to mdr,and seen bait busting everywhere so I stopped and dropped a line, short sand bass and a small treefish, released them and on the move again. seen a huge whale surface that was pretty cool, ended up going down by twin towers since I seen the new del mar there,nothing caught there and so I moved on closer to shore got one small halibut in about 30 feet of water, smallest one I ever caught I first thought it was a sanddab but after carefully checking it out it was a hali. well at least it was another beautiful day on the water nice calm flat seas, and by the way I didnt see one fish caught when I was by the new del mar, hardly any other boats on the water and didn't see any other cattle boat except the new del mar, till next time peace out :P

fishincrave
01-20-2008, 08:22 PM
nice calm day at the big lake with great weather and some fishing way to go at least you got out i had to work today and then came home to watch a hart breaker loss :bang: :bang: :bang:
Sean

JapanRon
01-21-2008, 10:15 AM
Hi catchemdano,

Hey Hey Hey ..... long time no sign of ya anywhere !! Nice little play-by-play on P.V. !! WTG on the lings as they still give a good pull !! Nice day, fishys .... little solitude !!

JapanRon

Oz
01-22-2008, 06:00 PM
headed out again today out of mdr, fished by myself today.got bait at inseine sardines & chovies, at better grade of bait today, headed up to p.v.current was a lot stronger this am.and then it turn to almost glass a hour later, :P first cast a short ling, second cast a snagged a rock tried to muscle it loose and snapped my pole, oh well cheap big 5 special anyways, ended up catching some small assorted rockfish. so move up to the point, just kept loosing tackle on the rocks,just as I was ready to move big bendo another nice ling but he has to go back, so moved around a few places and the current died and so did the fishing,finally started making my way back to mdr,and seen bait busting everywhere so I stopped and dropped a line, short sand bass and a small treefish, released them and on the move again. seen a huge whale surface that was pretty cool, ended up going down by twin towers since I seen the new del mar there,nothing caught there and so I moved on closer to shore got one small halibut in about 30 feet of water, smallest one I ever caught I first thought it was a sanddab but after carefully checking it out it was a hali. well at least it was another beautiful day on the water nice calm flat seas, and by the way I didnt see one fish caught when I was by the new del mar, hardly any other boats on the water and didn't see any other cattle boat except the new del mar, till next time peace out :P

congrats on the lings even tho u had to toss em back. just wrong boat u noticed if they wasnt catchin anything..we were on the spitfire and we brought in tons of sanbass.