PDA

View Full Version : advise for Sacramento area fishing

soulsurfer
05-07-2007, 10:50 AM
Hi guys and gals

I'm going to up to Woodland CA [near Sacramento] for business this Friday and was wondering if there is a place to fish around there. Will try to swing back down on the 99 and catch some of the lakes along the way.

Don't be afraid to drop the name of a few nice places to stay in or near Woodland.

Thanks
Soul

cappo
05-07-2007, 10:29 PM
i used to live in woodland, theres tons of places to fish. I was too young to know where my grandfather would take me though. Only places I know by name are Knights landing and cache creek. You could always ask the tackle shops there too.

soulsurfer
05-09-2007, 10:46 PM
thanks for the headsup Cappo. will give a report upon returning. thanks

Ronira
05-26-2007, 01:37 PM
The entire Sacramento River is awesome. Peace Ron

soulsurfer
05-27-2007, 05:18 PM
Hey guys
I ended up wetting my line at Lagoon Valley Lake for Sac. Perch since this was my first time up in Sacramento. Why not honor the city by fishing for a fish named after it......Skunked big time.

As I was coming back, I took the 99 and pulled up to Shaver Lake......Caught 3 trouts on mini jig a couple of small bass. Released all the bass but kept the trout.

thanks for the heads up on the Sacramento river........Just didn't really know the town enough to try it yet.

Soul

Ronira
05-27-2007, 07:44 PM
Hey Soulsurfer, sorry about the lack of specifics. The Sac. River is huge and has lots of great fishing. Between Gridley and Yuba City is a incredible fishery for smallies and big rainbows. Right time of year you can catch everything from salmon or steelhead to bass to striper to catfish to trout to shad to a lot of of other great fish. If you are still up there or are going back pm me and I'll tell you about the American River Canyons, ( yes as in plural ). Some of the most unfished trout and smallie water you ever came across. Peace Ron

soulsurfer
05-30-2007, 04:24 PM
Thanks Ronira...........

I might head up there again and will check the area that you mentioned.

Soul