PDA

View Full Version : Wall Question

craznazn
05-07-2007, 10:07 AM
Doing my fresh to salt water conversion...just a question, what is the etiquette for fishing the wall? I was planning to skoot along it using my electric troll motor but don't what do with other boats, anchored or drifting.

You guys are writing good things on the wall...just asking because I didn't want to accidently piss anyone off.

Laters....

:beer:

craznazn
05-07-2007, 10:08 AM
oops....sorry, wrong board.

:oops:

dschmaltz
05-07-2007, 01:57 PM
I have no problems trolling the wall.....my rule of thumb is that I go way around anchored boats to avoid their lines and spot. I have never had anyone get mad...in fact most of the boats fishing the wall are very friendly. I have trolled up along many..said hi...and we end up trading fish lies and techniques.

Just be cautious on the outside ...I have seen more than one boat almost bite the dust. Large swells and the wall don't mix very well with fiberglass. Kind of like rock/paper/scissors.

Fishman
05-07-2007, 04:19 PM
I have to agree. I use my trolling motor at the wall and I find it is not a problem if you are considerate and give boats on anchor plenty of room. Unfortunately not everyone is so thoughtful. I was out with my brother On sunday and we stopped at the very edge of the gap at the LBeach wall. No other boats were in the area and the current/tide was minimal so we anchored up and caught 2 short calicos almost immediately. In less than 5 minutes another boat anchored up 20 yards away and started to cast within 10 feet of my boat! after another 15 minutes or so I counted a total of 7 boats within 50 yards. We pulled anchor and left to find a less crowded spot. Some people have no manners. The count for the day was 10 calicos and 1 sargo. Sorry, i forgot the camera so no pictures. FYI: The dfg was checking the catch at the ramp when we came back so know the legal limits and MEASURE your fish. She also told us that we had done far better than anyone else she checked so far so I guess we did pretty good.

ahhvtec
05-07-2007, 11:45 PM
I have no problems trolling the wall.....my rule of thumb is that I go way around anchored boats to avoid their lines and spot. I have never had anyone get mad...in fact most of the boats fishing the wall are very friendly. I have trolled up along many..said hi...and we end up trading fish lies and techniques.

Just be cautious on the outside ...I have seen more than one boat almost bite the dust. Large swells and the wall don't mix very well with fiberglass. Kind of like rock/paper/scissors.Yes I agree, most everyone is nice except for me. I hate everyone and the wall is mine, all mine I tell you so stay away if you know what is good for you. LOL

Nah man, just be polite and do unto others as you would want done to you. Always go around, never be between another angler and the wall. Just common sense, not safe anyways...

Good luck out there!

Duc

craznazn
05-09-2007, 07:25 AM
Thanks guys....like you said, I'll apply common sense and treat others like I would like to be treated.

Just got another, but older bass buggy cheap but in great shape. I'll check out conditions before I go out but I think it'll do out there. My other buggy ain't gonna see salt.

Laters, until the next time I seek advice... :thumb: