PDA

View Full Version : a fine winter fishing day

catchemdano
01-19-2008, 09:50 PM
well hadn't had the salt water boat out in a while so I took one my employees out with me today, launch out of marina del rey . pulled up to inseine bait dock and what do you know coast guard red lights me and wants to do a inspection, fine, show them everything they wanted to inspect and they give me the green light to continue my trip,loaded up with some small sardines and chovies, first stop outside lax, we caught some small squid,didn't expect that but it all good. fished there for about 45 min, for nada, so I decided to head up the coast and burn some fuel, we got p.v and dropped our lines first cast there a nice halibut but a inch to short, few minutes later my partner hooks up a mack, and then a sculpin, next hook up a nice sandbass approx 4 lbs, we move a little ways and he hooks a short halibut,then i hook a short halibut, move again we catch some sculpin, and then he catches a 6lb black sea bass, so we release him, we move again and then we catch a few lings all short of course and outa season so we let them go, we ended up catching about 15 to 20 fish, the water was calm hardly any current or swells, very bitchen day to be out on the big pond, we headed in about 4;30 pm and loaded and cleaned the boat, we released all the fish to fight another day, unbelievable for winter time fishing, sorry we didn't take any pics, but may have to head back out tomorrow,also fished plastics of all sorts but haven;t master them like Japan Ron yet so no go on plastics,ha ha. maybe next time, maybe be posting again tom, if I go, tight lines and good luck peace out

ghetto dad
01-19-2008, 09:53 PM
great report man..thanks alot......

GD

one_leg
01-19-2008, 10:31 PM
Congrats on the fishies. Get out as often as you can.

One_Leg

plumbertom
01-20-2008, 08:38 AM
Nothing wrong with a day like that.
Next time you find market squid try pinning one with small lead head and slow bouncing it along the bottom.
Them there WSB tend to hang aroung where the squid are.