PDA

View Full Version : Just in time for Mother's Day...

Funjunkie74
05-06-2007, 11:18 PM
Hey!
I think it's time for all of us to test all the new gear we've been buying lately. And what better then on some YT action!!
I'm thinking of going out on the Shogun from Fisherman's Landing this Friday night (to return Saturday night).

Shogun
Fri 05-11-2007 10:00 PM
Sat 05-12-2007 6:00 PM
$125
Spots: 31

There are 27 spots left. I don't know how many they need to go out, but at the rate they're going, it could be a really nice light load!!

Sign up with the landing, if you're going then post up here and we'll all meet up at the landing! Who's in??

sansou
05-07-2007, 08:25 AM
Good luck to you Joe. Wish I could make it but business takes me back to AZ this week. :cry:

Funjunkie74
05-07-2007, 09:02 AM
Rich, thanks! Too bad!!
(Although this posting was mostly directed to your "working too much" *****!!) LOL

sansou
05-07-2007, 09:05 AM
In my world, I gotta strike while the iron's hot. It's tough turning down a buck....

I wish you a smooth ride out there and tight lines. Make sure you bring enough of the right irons for the YT!!

Wildhorse1966
05-07-2007, 12:18 PM
this sounds really tempting .... what landing is it out of?

Funjunkie74
05-07-2007, 12:35 PM
Fisherman's Landing
http://secure.fishingresos.com/fisherma ... oat_id=169 (http://secure.fishingresos.com/fishermans/54-1.php?boat_id=169)

Funjunkie74
05-07-2007, 12:36 PM
Rich, don't we all know it!!
Win the case and get paid brotha!

05-07-2007, 02:40 PM
Ohh come on Ralph....this trip is usually $350+ on this boat....

Troutman65
05-07-2007, 02:52 PM
$125.00 sounds really cheep. Their has to be a fuel charge per angler to make it cost more than $125.00.

Wildhorse1966
05-07-2007, 03:11 PM
Ohh come on Ralph....this trip is usually $350+ on this boat....

are you going to go?

Funjunkie74
05-07-2007, 03:14 PM
You know, I've gone out of Fisherman's several times, not once have they charged me more than what was posted.

I think that for the most part, since this is an overnighter and not a 1.5 day trip, it's pretty much the same as everywhere else.
Newport and Davey's charges $140 for a trip to San Clemente.
Only a $15 difference compared to Fisherman's.

But hey, you can take your chance and go fishing or you can question it and read my report!! :lol: (Honestly, I would rather write a report with as many people from FNN than not!)

jplee3
05-07-2007, 03:33 PM
You know, I've gone out of Fisherman's several times, not once have they charged me more than what was posted.

I think that for the most part, since this is an overnighter and not a 1.5 day trip, it's pretty much the same as everywhere else.
Newport and Davey's charges $140 for a trip to San Clemente.
Only a $15 difference compared to Fisherman's.

But hey, you can take your chance and go fishing or you can question it and read my report!! :lol: (Honestly, I would rather write a report with as many people from FNN than not!)

hehe, i was in SD just this wknd (not for fishing though). btw: is the shogun usually a good charter? i've never gone on a charter before. i'm planning to do either a 1/2 or 3/4 day first sometime soon though.
hmm, it looks like the fishcount on the shogun was sorta low yesterday: for 17 anglers, 17 Bonito, 1 Calico Bass, 1 Rockfish, 6 Sculpin, 6 Yellowtail

Troutman65
05-07-2007, 03:36 PM
Its not that I question your facts , It just sounds like a good deal for $125.00 . I wish I had the extra $$$ to go on this trip. It's been 3 years since I've been out on the salt. That's way to long so hopefully this summer I will get the chance to get some of that Tuna out of S.D. Good luck on the trip and may the fishing Gods smile upon you all

Funjunkie74
05-07-2007, 04:06 PM
Jplee: This is my first time on the Shogun too! But I recall having this discussion a while ago with some anglers and the Shogun came up several times as a great boat and crew. But as we all know, good things always come to an end somewhere. I'm hoping that my virgin trip on the Shogun will be a good one and hope to come back with some pics that will impress!!! Also, if you read the Shogun website, they wrote that they came across several more YT, but only landed the few. (um, can you say, 40# test?) Evidently not too many people were prepared for the fight!!

Troutman: Gotcha! You should try to make it. Yeah, I know what you mean on the price. But $125 is darn cheap!! Hey, if I come across any deals, coupons or the like, I'll post it here. Keep checkin!! Aight?!?! (p.s. Thanks for the prayer... :wink: )

sansou
05-07-2007, 04:12 PM
$125 is cheap indeed.

I just hope they don't decide to troll the whole time in hopes of better YT counts. It's been my experience that captains do weird stuff (and label it "exploratory" only after your on the boat!) during the transition period.

Have a good trip Joe, I would hope on in a heartbeat if I was in town.

Funjunkie74
05-07-2007, 04:27 PM
Rich, I'll Photoshop your face in some of the pictures... :rofl:

05-07-2007, 09:41 PM
Ralph...I want to go but I hate the drive...

The Shogun is a great boat....If you ever wanted to do a long range trip this is your time to test a real fishing machine. The Shogun is one of the top boats of the long rangers and youll never find a deal this cheap for an overnighter on a boat like this. All Stateroom accomadations on a big boat.

n1ckxlam
05-07-2007, 11:06 PM
Almost worked for a capt who used to deck on the shogun. If the crew all turned out like him, you'll be in great shape.

Funjunkie74
05-07-2007, 11:27 PM
I still don't see any takers....!!
What's up?!?!

Considering all the gear buying that's been happening, I would think that you'd want to test em out before the summer....

I know, I am!! My new reel is itching to do battle with a YT or maybe a DODO!!!!! Hey, we could be the lucky ones to see the first of any tuna action...(hey, we're all optimists here right??).

I promise to take good pictures!! HAHA!! :twisted:

Wildhorse1966
05-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Ralph...I want to go but I hate the drive...

The Shogun is a great boat....If you ever wanted to do a long range trip this is your time to test a real fishing machine. The Shogun is one of the top boats of the long rangers and youll never find a deal this cheap for an overnighter on a boat like this. All Stateroom accomadations on a big boat.

the drive is holding me back too ... i hate the drive to SD

Funjunkie74
05-08-2007, 02:34 PM
Funny how that is...

You hate to drive to and from SD, but you're willing to sit on a stinking, diesel fume puffing, "dude sitting next to ya hasn't taken a shower in a couple days" stench boat for hours at a time...

The things people will tolerate... :wink:

jplee3
05-08-2007, 03:13 PM
Funny how that is...

You hate to drive to and from SD, but you're willing to sit on a stinking, diesel fume puffing, "dude sitting next to ya hasn't taken a shower in a couple days" stench boat for hours at a time...

In your case, you're willing to put up with the drive to SD *just* to get on a "stench boat!" true souljah! hahahahhaa :D Actually, it sounds like the Shogun has pretty nice accomodations...

Funjunkie74
05-08-2007, 03:29 PM
Funny how that is...

In your case, you're willing to put up with the drive to SD *just* to get on a "stench boat!" true souljah! hahahahhaa :D Actually, it sounds like the Shogun has pretty nice accomodations...

And don't forget, I'M PAYING TO DRIVE DOWN TO SD AND GET ON A STINKY BOAT!!! AHAHAHAHA!!

I am the Fishing Samurai!! :twisted:

I haven't been on the Shogun yet, but everything about this boat is telling me GET ON IT AND FISH!!! Being early in the season and the weather doing 180 degree turns every 24 hours, it's hard to judge how successful we'll be on the fishing, but at least we'll enjoy the ride~!

Funjunkie74
05-08-2007, 03:46 PM
dodos? two months more

this is just a way to make sure they cleaned all the cobwebs off the boat. A few overnighter, then a few 2 day trips, just to be sure of the equipment for the long range trips.

Optimism...

05-08-2007, 05:56 PM
dodos? two months more

this is just a way to make sure they cleaned all the cobwebs off the boat. A few overnighter, then a few 2 day trips, just to be sure of the equipment for the long range trips.LOL.....ummm the boat has been running long range since last year still......

I may go..who's up for a carpool.....what I meant by hating the drive is that my truck has problems with stalling out on me...lol

DavidE
05-08-2007, 07:09 PM
Wish I hadn't already booked a spot on the Aztec I wouldda jumped on the Shogun. :( Anyways I'll be in S.D. already Friday on business so I wouldn't have been any good for the carpool thing.

sansou
05-08-2007, 07:31 PM
dodos? two months more

this is just a way to make sure they cleaned all the cobwebs off the boat. A few overnighter, then a few 2 day trips, just to be sure of the equipment for the long range trips.

Shush your mouth with talk of "dodos".... You're going to jinx the season! We just had a season of them dodos. We want albacore. Where there's dodos there ain't albacore! :D

Funjunkie74
05-08-2007, 09:15 PM
Hey!! The NextFishingChamp needs a ride!!
A lonely drive to SD sux, but a carpool will help time pass really fast!!
Just make sure to brush your teeth!

:twisted:

ironshrimp
05-09-2007, 09:32 AM
hey all, have to jump in here...

yes that's a great deal....It's a toss up for me between going to San Miguel Island and diving there..or doing a overnight fishing trip

I'll have to admit..I'm a bit reluctant to step on the Shogun as they've been slapped with heavy fines for fishing in Mexican Marine Sanctuaries in the past...don't know about you, but that kinda shiot matters immensely to me.....

Rich is yankin' your chains, he has a date with a couple of hookers this weekend....dayum, I wan't your life bro!....You're gonna be on MTV "Cribs" next!!!!!

sansou
05-09-2007, 09:43 AM
Adir,

Don't act like you didn't like the amazon chick I introduced you to with the crazy hairdo.... 8)

Hope you make it down to SD and fish the Shogun with Joe. You guys will have a great time.

Funjunkie74
05-09-2007, 09:48 AM
Rich is yankin' your chains, he has a date with a couple of hookers this weekend....dayum, I wan't your life bro!....You're gonna be on MTV "Cribs" next!!!!!

If Rich isn't careful it could be "MTV CRABS"!!! :rofl:

Adir, I know what you mean. When a boat and/or crew screw up, it really does affect your choices. But that past is the past, and like when we get a speeding ticket, we learn to drive a little slower. Maybe the fines was a wake up call for the Shogun?

Hey, either way, if you decide to chance it, I'd like to fish with ya bro! Rich talks very highly of your skillz!!

Funjunkie74
05-09-2007, 11:38 AM
12 spots left...I don't think it'll last past tonight!!

Anyone who signed up with this boat, PM me please!
I'd like to know if I'm going to be having a beer with anyone from FNN!!

jsl
05-09-2007, 05:52 PM
I'm down if we can set up a car pool. I live in Ontario

Scott :D

Funjunkie74
05-09-2007, 10:06 PM
Anyone wanna carpool with Scott?
He'll make good conversation and even buy the ice when we get back! (right? Scott?)

8)

jsl
05-10-2007, 11:01 AM
sure thing!! and the gas! :D

Funjunkie74
05-10-2007, 11:02 AM
Hey you inland empire anglers!
Here's a fair deal for a great trip!!

jsl
05-11-2007, 09:36 AM
Change of plans. Gonna head down there on Saturday night for fishing on Sunday instead. We need a couple more guys to make it out so come on down guys. This is like a dream come to trip . . . .imagine 7-10 guys fishing an A list long range boat for 125$ I'm actually doing this just to ride the boat. The yellowtail and bonito will simply be iceing on the cake. Your mom will forgive anyway :D

Scott

Funjunkie74
05-11-2007, 10:06 AM
JSL, cool!! Glad that you'll be getting out to fish!

Your mom will only forgive you depending on how long you've been mooching off her or whether you've move out of the house yet!!!! :rofl: :rofl:

jsl
05-11-2007, 10:49 AM
I think she'll be ok with it when I bring back the j.p yellow. I'll be waiting for your report.

Scott :D

Funjunkie74
05-11-2007, 11:05 AM
Careful, she might ask for the money!!! :lol:

Funjunkie74
05-15-2007, 12:12 PM
Just in case you didn't know, here's the report from this trip!!

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum1/viewtopic.php?t=1719

Check it out!!