PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay in Bishop

bulldogs72
05-06-2007, 09:33 PM
Hey guys kinda new here. I bought a new trailer and Im looking for places in bishop to stay. I spent many nights tent camping and fishing up near Lake Sabrina but now Im looking for a place with hookups to take my trailer. Ive got a two month old son so Id like to have full hook ups so my wife doesnt mind beingin the trailer. Thanks for all your help.

retired96
05-07-2007, 06:11 AM
There is a Browns campground for trailers, rv's with full hookups just south of Bishop on the west side of hwy 395.

bulldogs72
05-07-2007, 08:53 AM
Is there any place up near sabrina or south lake that has hookups?

brn2fis
05-07-2007, 12:05 PM
I think Parchers Resort has some hookups? That is just below South Lake.

reelhigh
05-07-2007, 07:52 PM
Check this place out, I haven't been there yet but I've heard some good things. I'm going to give it a shot in June.

http://www.bishopcreeksidervpark.com/index.html

Fern
05-09-2007, 04:45 PM
I have have stayed at Creekside RV park many times in my motorhome. It has full hookups, showers and a general store. It's a great place to stay. If you are going on a weekend you better make a reservation, during the week is not usually full. You will like this place.

bulldogs72
05-09-2007, 08:13 PM
Im think Ill check out parchers. It seems like a nice place! Thanks for the input guys!

INDOANGLER2
05-13-2007, 10:29 PM
bulldogs72 - Just a word of warning, keep in mind that Parchers is at about the 9000' elevation. This is a great place in the summer but this time of the year keep the weather in mind. It may keep your wife and baby in the trailer the whole time. The other thing is from Browns in town you can get to a lot of other places very easy in the truck and the wifey and baby will be a lot more comfortable. There is actually a real nice RV Park a little further into town, I think its called the highlands or something like that. Any other time of the year I highly recommend Parchers. The Smitty Family that run the place are great people.

Sierra_Smitty
05-13-2007, 11:39 PM
bulldogs72 - Just a word of warning, keep in mind that Parchers is at about the 9000' elevation. This is a great place in the summer but this time of the year keep the weather in mind. It may keep your wife and baby in the trailer the whole time. The other thing is from Browns in town you can get to a lot of other places very easy in the truck and the wifey and baby will be a lot more comfortable. There is actually a real nice RV Park a little further into town, I think its called the highlands or something like that. Any other time of the year I highly recommend Parchers. The Smitty Family that run the place are great people.

Thanks for the plug Indo...and you're right about the weather this time of year, VERY unpredictable. Two weeks ago the lows were in the mid teens and the highs were in the 30's and yet the last 9 days have been in the high 60's with lows in the high 30's and low 40's. Usually Parchers doesn't even bother opening until Memorial Day but this year was a very weak winter so we went for opening weekend.....probably won't happen again as long as we own the place, it's very rare. Typically the weather is good from Memorial through Labor Day...but anything is possible up here, heck 2 years ago they got snow flurries in every month but July!