PDA

View Full Version : New Gal Here =)

CaliBornFishinChick
01-14-2008, 10:28 PM
Nice to meet you all. Thanks for having me here with ya.

I'm Dewi (yes that's my real name - pronounced - DO-WE). 32 year old female born and raised here in Southern California, and fishing all my life. Currently living in Tehachapi, CA here in the mountains!!!

I usually fish for trout, mostly because everywhere I go, that is usually what is most plentiful, with the occasional catifish or whatever else bites....I am a freshwater girl, but I do love saltwater fishing also. Grew up with my grandpa on his boat and in his garage making his flies and rods, and also tending to his earthworm garden...

I just love to fish, it is my therapy, my meditation, and I usually always eat what I catch.....Do not mind C&R's as I like to call them, just not for me, unless they are not keeper size....but I just don't like to be chastised for keeping them, lol!!

I grew up fishing Fin and Feather, Apollo Park, The Ducts in the Antelope Valley area, Brite Lake, Lake Nacimento, Bridgeport, Stallion Springs, Lake Elizabeth, Lake Isabella, and the Bishop and Lone Pine areas......My mother is an avid 'Reel Woman' also, so we have kinda just always fished for fun since I was small......

When I moved away from the A.V to Las Vegas , I branched out to Utah and Colorado with friends to fish and let me tell you, that was amazing, but the best must have been Northern Cali fishing in late fall around Sacramento, and them Salmon - AWESOME!!!

These days, when I can get away, for I have an Autistic son, I usually stay closer to home and fish Brite Lake, Isabella, Pyramid, Ming, Castaic and an occasional Duct trip......

Oh boy I could go on and on about myself, but you would probably all be bored, if you want to know more, just ask, I am pretty versatile and like many things, or you can go to my profile here and go to my networking site listed to learn more...not too many fishing pics, as it seems we never had a camera, now I never leave home without one, but my friend has the best shots of his East Coast Jersey Stripers, I will be adding those pics back on to my site soon....

Again, I am happy to be here, and hope to talk to you all real soon :D

~~Dewi~~

abne
01-14-2008, 10:35 PM
Welcome :lol: . Glad to see you here with us. This is a great site with lot of information and nice folks.

abne

CaliBornFishinChick
01-14-2008, 10:38 PM
thanks abne :P

troutdog
01-14-2008, 11:10 PM
Welcome aboard Dewi....wait hold on, you took 3 months to inroduce yourself! :lol:

I like your choice of favorite lakes...Isabella and Bishop area both hold special memories for me. Thanks for sharing so much about yourself, I'd bet you would be a great person to have around the campfire during story telling time! Hope to fish with you someday, I look forward to some fishing reports from you soon!

Once again welcome too FNN....have a great 2008!

TD

doyousmellfish?
01-15-2008, 08:10 AM
welcome to fnn. I hope you enjoy the site as much as all of us do. I fish bishop, lone pine, june lake loop and anywhere else I can get in the sierras, its all so amazing up there. Look forward to future post. :thumb:

Granny Fish
01-15-2008, 09:08 AM
Welcome Dewi - There's a few of us gals who frequent Irvine Lake. Maybe sometime if you ever get down this way we'll get to fish with you.

:offtopic:
Wow - I think FNN hit a record! Almost 10 hours have gone by since Dewi's post and One_Leg hasn't welcomed her to the board already???? :wink:

Fisherman57
01-15-2008, 09:15 AM
Welcome to the board again Dewi!

Glad I could help with the log in issue...... hope to see you on the water!

SoCalGuy7
01-15-2008, 10:12 AM
Welcome !

This is a great site for information and camaraderie. I fished in Colorado a few times,
years ago, it was beautiful!
Looking forward to your posts, don't forget the camera..... :thumb:
SCG7

Fishing Mama
01-15-2008, 06:43 PM
:) Hello Dewi,
Hope to meet you sometime. Welcome aboard!!!
Fishing Mama

JENSEN500
01-15-2008, 07:09 PM
welcome! and watch out for one-leg, he tends to razz some of the ladies,took him about 5 min. to hit on striper chic :D looking forward to you re posts :banana:

Troutman65
01-17-2008, 08:17 PM
Welcome to FNN.

Glad your here .I look forward to your fishing reports .

Troutman65

saintarv
01-18-2008, 06:30 PM
Welcome to FNN.

Glad your here .I look forward to your fishing reports .

Troutman65

Ditto on what the Guru said....

Wingnut
01-20-2008, 07:32 PM
Welcome, enjoy yourself! :mrgreen:

Ambassadorhawg
01-20-2008, 09:19 PM
Dewi? and you live in the mountains of Tahachepi? Anyone ever call you "mountain Dewi"??? Just kidding, nice to see a lady join the board. Make sure you post your reports whenever you get out!

Sue
01-21-2008, 02:58 PM
Hi Dewi,

Welcome aboard :)

rocklee
01-21-2008, 11:08 PM
Welcome to the board!

Looking forward to future reports!

rock

one_leg
01-22-2008, 01:39 AM
Hi there Dewi. My name is Alan, and I love to fish also.

One_Leg

Greg Madrigal
02-01-2008, 09:33 PM
Hi Dewi, welcome! U migt wanna start taking more photos cuz people here love there fish phots, and can get downright disturbed whithout em! LOL!

GM<><

CaliBornFishinChick
02-01-2008, 11:26 PM
howdy everyone&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;THANKS so much for the wonderful welcome&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;

i re-read my first post and geesh what a rambler i am - ehe??? LOL&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;and i had to edit the post, i really can spell&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;promise &#58;oops&#58;

yeah i know 3 months and my first post, then i left again&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;see how i am??? LOL!!

i am actually getting ready to go back to north carolina for awhile and fish fish fish and have some fun, then i shall be back out to cali in about 4 months, so i will pop in and see how everyone is and post what i catch back there &#58;D

have not really gotten much around these parts&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;it's been snowing like crazy in tehachapi&#46;&#46;&#46;and YES THEY CALL ME MOUNTAIN DEW&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;lollol

thanks again all and i shall have reports and pics one of these days, i did post more in my pics on my networking site profile - and you can see those stripers from the east coast i was speaking of that my friends caught!!! &#58;wink&#58;

have a wonderful weekend

CASTAWAY
02-02-2008, 06:44 AM
Welcome to the board mountain Dewi&#46; &#58;D

xtranzman
02-09-2008, 08:11 PM
Welcome!!!

X