PDA

View Full Version : NPH 5/6 1st time out.

jonee523
05-06-2007, 07:25 PM
Well I finally had the chance to hit up NPH this morning. I arrived about 1030am in the back bay to give spottie fishing a try. The condictions were none to good I'd say. As soon as I got there the wind started to pick up, so it made for a tough day out there. I was finally ready to launch about 1045am and I made a bee line to the back of the bay. As I was going I was trolling a luckycraft deep diver in shad pattern. Unfortunatly no love to be given to me at that time. After fishing many docks and crossing to the north side of the bay I finally got my first spottie. It was about 1lb nothing too big but the skunk went out the window. After that it was nothing again and the wind started to blow creating smaller waves and caps. I finally ended up at PCH bridge and I get spottie #2. This one was alittle bigger than the first. Now the wind is just too much and I call it a day. For the first time out 2 spotties, break in the new luna 203 and custom graphite usa rod, and finally get the yak into some saltwater.

tight lines and paddle well,

Jon

jonee523

ps. I know that I missed a lot of fish too. I need to get back and get better at the kayak in the salt thing.

POSTAL
05-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Nice lookin set up ..Must be nice for patroling the harbor..

fishinginmyblood
05-06-2007, 08:12 PM
i was out there today to and i also didn't do so well the wind was horible i got 1 spottie pretty good size and one 19 in hali, oh well better luck next time.

sonarbp
05-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Nice report jonee523........the key to fishing Newport is in the tides!!!!! I do great about two hours before high tide till about two hours after....also you want to fish Newport when there is alot of tidal movement. The more movement the better.

I plan on tubing it this weekend....maybe I will see you out there!!

sonarbp

CatchthatTrout
05-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Nice report jonee523........the key to fishing Newport is in the tides!!!!! I do great about two hours before high tide till about two hours after....also you want to fish Newport when there is alot of tidal movement. The more movement the better.

I plan on tubing it this weekend....maybe I will see you out there!!

sonarbp

What day you tubing?

sonarbp
05-07-2007, 12:32 PM
Hey Tony,

I was talking to the bro-in-law and we might shoot out Sunday morning for a few hours.....I will let you know later in the week if it is a go for sure.

sonarbp (Brian)

n1ckxlam
05-07-2007, 12:33 PM
dood i think i talked to you man,
we were chasing the mullet and i was using an oversized croc ahaha

Nick