PDA

View Full Version : Surf Fishing First!

midtownfishingclub
01-13-2008, 03:22 PM
Went out early this morning and hit up Zuma. Threw the lc for two hours from 6:45-8:45 am without a strike. Moved north on the beach and met a great guy fishing out there. Good to meet you, Dave. Great fishing with you. He had hooked up to a large perch earlier. Showed me a picture of it, and it was a monster. We moved on to new spot. Met Wingnut out there. Great guy and excellent fisherman. Good fishing with you, Arthur. Wind started to kick up, but I managed a first for me, a nice calico. Put up a nice fight...and then posed for this pic before I let her go to be caught another day! The water was really stained, but the salad wasn't too bad.

Was at Zuma two days in a row, and it has been pretty slow. Hope the perch bite opens up soon as the water clears!!

dfish
01-13-2008, 04:09 PM
Dan it was very nice meeting you today bro. I must admit for a first timer although i was a little envious and happy for your catch of that calico bass. I was even more happier for the clean release of that fish hope to fish with you again dan the man. :D

bullets_full
01-13-2008, 04:39 PM
That is one damn fine fish! I don't know wingnut (yet) but from what I've read, he is one fine fisherman. Welcome to the board...looking forward to future posts from you....CONGRATULATIONS!

_BULLETS

Wingnut
01-13-2008, 04:41 PM
Great job Dan! Nice meeting you today, congrats on the beautiful Calico... it's our secret right? :secret: Just keep working that LC man... they're there & willing to play. :wink:

Arthur (Wingnut) :mrgreen:

Native Gal
01-13-2008, 05:56 PM
Nice Catch Dan :thumb:
Wingnut is an awesome fisherman.

NG

SanDimasLMB
01-14-2008, 01:19 AM
Nice calico from the surf, congratulations! :thumb:

I happened to notice your thumb was in the fish's gills, please be careful of that next time. Bacteria on your finger can enter through the fish's gills, and possibly killing it.

Nice fish again :thumb:

blackwater
01-14-2008, 01:15 PM
That was a really nice fish! We will see you out there again, or maybe at Castaic or Pyramid...
BW

yacker
01-14-2008, 09:46 PM
nice fish, bro- can't wait to get out there again!

rocklee
01-14-2008, 11:15 PM
nice calico!

sansou
01-14-2008, 11:26 PM
Great looking calico & thumbs up on the sportsmanship (C&R of the calico)!

steve092
01-20-2008, 10:28 AM
Nice job man!