PDA

View Full Version : Great day at the ole spot (1-12) pics added

KaliDawgFan
01-12-2008, 04:13 PM
Bullets had a hunch this morning that the conditions were perfect for jetty fishing. We ended up having to go there anyway because I forgot my license at home. First we hit up Big Fish for some ghost shrimp and I also got a container of mussels. It was a nice day out there. There wasn't a whole lot of boat traffic, the jetty looked cleaner than it has in a long time and our usual spot spot was open. In fact there weren't too many people around period. The first 20 minutes or so were slow. Bullets was the first to get hit. It was a little pile perch. Lil Miss was with us too, and her pole gets slammed. She horsed in what had to be the largest buttermouth perch we've ever caught so far. Then came the smelt. For the next half hour it was wide open on them. They were literally hitting the bait as it hit the water. Most of them were good-sized though, and they all put up really good fights. A sea dog made its rounds for a while and the bite died. When it was finally gone the perch came back out to play. Bullets' pole was like a magnet for monster pile perch. He caught two in a row that were easily a pound and a half to two pounds...long, fat guys. On one of my casts I barely get hit just as the bait hit the water. I didn't think anything of it, but I set the hook anyway. That fish then took off like a shot! I was using my catfish gear and it had my pole bent like a question mark! When we got it close enough to see Bullets thought that it was another giant pile perch. It was another massive buttermouth perch, about the same size as the one Lil Miss caught. We ended up having to leave because we ran out of ghost shrimp! FIVE buckets worth!!! The fish didn't want to have anything to do with the mussels. I can't remember exactly how many fish were caught. I had one pile perch, a large (probably PB) buttermouth perch and maybe a dozen large smelt. Bullets caught like five pile perch and about a dozen or so smelt. Lil Miss caught her PB buttermouth and about 6 smelt. Bullets will be posting some of the pics. His camera died after a couple of pictures, but Lil Miss' camera picked up the slack. We'll be posting those pictures when she emails them to her daddy.

Fisherman57
01-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Nice job out there Ryan! Looking forward to the pics!

bullets_full
01-12-2008, 04:48 PM
My :2cents:

Today was borderline epic........

Water was calm.....sky was blue....temp was just right and I had the feeling the bite was going to be on!

I have seldom had days where I was hoping the bite died so I could take a breather but today was one of those days! I was either landing a fish, baiting, or tying new set-ups non stop.....granted, I was taking care of my poles as well as little miss' also.

We took our latest member Rocky out with us and he got the old :skunk: but wasn't giving it much effort either.

Here is a slideshow of a few of the fish caught today. Take into consideration that Little Miss was the photogapher for the majority of the shots.....enjoy

http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t279 ... e96025.pbw (http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t279/bullets_full/1-/1-12-08/?action=view&current=11e96025.pbw)

_Bullets

ThemBastards
01-12-2008, 07:28 PM
:( I only caught one today. That does sound like an epic day, good job guys, and gal, and pup

flyngby
01-12-2008, 08:18 PM
You folks did well today!! It always helps to go to the favorite spot that you know the conditions and location where they hold out.

Nice perches and nuclear sized smelt.

Lil Miss did a fine job in the photo's and is good at catching them also. Nice job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flyngby

sansou
01-12-2008, 11:58 PM
Very nice!

Congrats to Little Miss on the massive Buttermouth!!

Wingnut
01-13-2008, 12:29 AM
Well done! Congrats on a good day. :mrgreen:

bullets_full
01-13-2008, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the comments fellas......Little Miss (Celeste) read all of them this morning before I took her back to Lake Elsinore. She always feels like a celebrity when she reads the posts. Thanks again....

One thing though which I nor my brother Ryan (Kalidawgfan) rarely do is give fish away. When fishing salt we prefer catch and release and have never kept anything. However, a Mexican fella asked for the last two of Ryan's fish as we were getting ready to leave and we obliged. He hadn't caught any next to us the entire time he was there to the right of us and politely asked for the fish as they were caught.

_BULLETS

Troutman65
01-13-2008, 05:16 PM
Ryan & Greg, nice going.

Little Miss congrats !!!!!

:thumb:

:appl:

:hi5:

Troutman65

PUDD MASTER BAITER
01-14-2008, 07:33 AM
VREY NICE VARITY.GARY AND I WENT TO 72ND AFTER GETTING BAIT AT 5AM AT BIG FISH. YOUR RIGHT THE BIG SMELT WERE ON FIRE THANKS FOR THE REPORT, AND SEE YOU OUT THERE SOMETIME. PEACE OUT ,MIKE THE PMB....