PDA

View Full Version : San Francisco Fishing Questions

MikeAce00
01-12-2008, 12:50 AM
I'm heading up to San Francisco next weekend and I'll be staying in Fisherman's Wharf. Something tells me there might be fishing in the area :idea: So would I have any luck throwing plastics from those piers? Maybe the same swimbaits commonly used in NPH... Or would I be better served bring my #4 surf fishing gear... Anybody that might be somewhat familiar with the area I'd really appreciate some help.

Thanks,

Mike

FISHINGBEE
01-12-2008, 12:35 PM
Since your a dodger fan i will help u out. Its definatley not the time of year for pitching plastics. The hair raiser is the best lure you can use up north. White is best yellow works well too. Its all about Sturgeon right now. Try the phone book for landings if interested in fishing from a boat. The piers are looking for there first stugeon of the year. Grass shrimp, mud shrimp, ghost shrimp is the bait. i personnaly like the grass shrimp. Everything eats them in the bay. South bay and SanPablo have the sturgies. They just had a good rain the sturgeon are going off. Some stripers past the San Rafeal bridge. The surf has been rough outside the Gate Im sure there are perch pile worms are best. Not the time of year for stripers and salmon at Pacifica. Theres a good tackle shop in Oyster pt. Coyote pt. for info sinkers work best in bay are flat because of strong tides. Tides are another thing you need to watch faster the better. San Mateo pier is the best in my mind its about a mile long and when all else fails the Bat Ray and Leopard sharks are a blast on squid. Very important to find out how they rig up. Much differentfrom So Cal. good luck
P S ifound emeryvillesportfishing.com

Fishnbee

cappo
01-12-2008, 05:20 PM
i agree, its sturgeon time up there. Check out the pier board (google it) and they'll give u the low down.