PDA

View Full Version : Clear Lake / Oroville

igotthehookup
01-10-2008, 11:09 AM
I plan on heading up to Clear Lake and/or Oroville when the weather gets better.....anyone got any good up-to-date info on these lakes. :?: Looking for Crappie, LMB/SMB.

IGTHU

seahonk
01-11-2008, 02:07 AM
Hi igotthehookup for the crappie you need to try black butte lake i go every year around march , its off the hook most of the time but to be honest i havent been in a few years but its not far from you its in orland , good luck and Thank you for your military service :thumb:

vampirebret
01-14-2008, 01:28 PM
From what I've heard, the crappies are not hitting as good as they should, due to the storms we've been having. Wait a few more days for the water to clear up and the bite should be on again. You have to really try the bass fishing out there. The lake is ranked number 1 in the world according to the FLW magazine. Just a couple weeks ago, FLW had a tournament over there and it was broadcast on tv. There are big bass to be landed at the lake. This is for Clearlake. Sorry, I have no info for Oroville Lake.

igotthehookup
01-15-2008, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the advice - I took it and will wait until this coming wekend to head up there (work permitting). I actually saw bits-n-pieces of the FLW tourney on TV.....can't wait to hook into some of those bass if I can.

Thanks again,

God Bless,

IGTHU

vampirebret
01-15-2008, 01:17 PM
Please post your results when you get back. I'm curious about the bite.