PDA

View Full Version : Long Beach Fish has a funky smell?

Lightline
05-06-2007, 12:33 PM
I’m not sure if every one has notice but the fish in long beach waters have a funky smell. Not sure what it is. Does any one else experience this or has an idea what the smell is?

ahhvtec
05-06-2007, 05:52 PM
Maybe it's your upper lip? J/K, dun keel meh. I have no issues with them unless they are Tom Cod.

Lightline
05-06-2007, 05:57 PM
Maybe it's your upper lip? J/K, dun keel meh. I have no issues with them unless they are Tom Cod.

lol...now that was funny.

Them fish do stink over there. especially them croakers.

The Halibuts stink too...peeee yeeewwww.

some one should really get a toxicology report of them fish in that harbor.

Does any one have an idea what the smell is or how it affects the people who eat it?

SanDimasLMB
05-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Most fish such as Sand Bass and Halibut taken in harbors are migratory fish so its safe to eat them. They go in and out of harbors for food and to avoid storms. Fish like croackers, Spotted Bay Bass, Mackeral, etc. are NOT migrators and stay in harbors for a long time which may lead to the funky smell. Another thing may be the Domonic Acid thats been around lately

Troutman65
05-06-2007, 08:01 PM
Ahhvtec's quote " maybe it's your upper lip "
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

sansou
05-06-2007, 08:21 PM
Most fish such as Sand Bass and Halibut taken in harbors are migratory fish so its safe to eat them. They go in and out of harbors for food and to avoid storms. Fish like croackers, Spotted Bay Bass, Mackeral, etc. are NOT migrators and stay in harbors for a long time which may lead to the funky smell. Another thing may be the Domonic Acid thats been around lately

Umm....you may want to check on those "facts" again. I disagree.

Troutman65
05-06-2007, 08:27 PM
I would not eat anything that comes out of the bays or harbors period. Fun for C&R fishing thats about it.

kingjester13
05-06-2007, 10:31 PM
Halis smell like "marrano beach mud" (E.L.A.) :lol: to me, Still tasty tho... Maybe is because the San Gabriel and L.A. river dump in the harbor.

Thats My :2cents: ,
KJ13 8)