PDA

View Full Version : NPH 5/5 The good bite continues!!!

flyngby
05-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Went back to the dock again. The day started out almost immediatly with a few round Sting Rays and only got better.

The count:
2 Mean Sunburns
4 Sandies
5 Spotties
1 Leo
4 Smoothhound
2 Sargo
4 Bats
1 Dink BSP
12 Round Sting Ray
Bait fish
4 busted off/ 3 on 10lb. & 1 on 50lb.

All were returned to be caught another day!

Here,s the highlights

bullets_full
05-06-2007, 12:07 PM
Is that a public or private dock? If you care to give up the spot, please PM me. Good job though, sounds like a fun day. Me and my brother didn't fare to well at Dana Point jetty yesterday but anyday fishing beats the hell out of not fishing.

-Bullets

Tundy
05-06-2007, 04:25 PM
I second that request, although I don't know how to do the PM thing. My son and Ill will be in NPB for a week in July and this look like the perfect place for a 7year old to get some experience.

On the same note, I can appreciate it if giving up your spot doesn't sit well with you.

matt k.
05-06-2007, 05:26 PM
I 3rd the request PM me if you want I am just getting into fishing again and am tring to find some places in and around HB and newport

n1ckxlam
05-06-2007, 06:01 PM
I was exploring NPH for the first time and i think i was there today,
low tide, not much, but nice to see you gettn the bite
probably do more exploring next time during high tide
wtg guys

Nick

JUNSTER
05-06-2007, 07:13 PM
Hey Capt. You guys are catching a nice variety of fish down there.

Junior

POSTAL
05-06-2007, 07:31 PM
thats a big veriety :shock: ..nice job :D

FishermanStu
05-06-2007, 09:06 PM
the best way to find spots in nph is grab a bike and go exploring.

flyngby
05-06-2007, 09:32 PM
:banana:
Yes you are all right on the money. I will not give up the spot that easily.

I found this spot while trying to find where the guy who posted "Lady and Gents Meet the Monster" When I found it it was extremly crowded. It is not the dock where the "Monster" was landed.

It is a Public Dock

There are many public docks located in the Newport Harbor.We were fishing next to Halibut_Dude last week who was generous to make some room for us.

This week we Arrived to an empty dock except for the 65" KALYA LYNNE yACHT that was moving into the dock at my favorite casting spot just to the left of the Public Dock . At first I was :death2above: but after the first few casts was extremly happy. After the yacht settled it provided some great cover for our catch.

As I will not tell you the exact spot I will tell there are some Clues in our previous postings and photos.

If u look in the last photo's of my last posting u will see a couple for Arizona who wandered upon the spot with a 6 year old and 3 poles in the wrappers. As it is a small dock we made room for them and educated them as they had never fished in the ocean in Arizona :rofl: The kid had a Zebco Spiderman pole right out of the package and an Anchovie Head chopped as close to the gills as can get and broke their :skunk: Mom then procedded to catch a round sting ray. Dad was Pissed!!!!

We gave up the spot to go to Balboa Pier to make Bait. Caught 20 Macs in 20 minutes. Ready to go for next few times.

If you find our spot be considerate to others and don't HOG it as there is not much room but with proper coordination as many as 20 poles can be fished. IT just gets exciting and kind of like a party boat when a good runner takes off. OFF WHICH THERE HAVE BEEN PLENTY!!!

[/u][/b]

flyngby
05-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Here are a few more photos.

How can I submit some videos? The 9 pic combined photos are time lapsed video.

spiceguy
05-07-2007, 06:53 AM
BTW, that was boys & girls, meet the monster............. :wink:

n1ckxlam
05-07-2007, 12:37 PM
lol i wondered for bit about that... haha

Tundy
05-08-2007, 08:03 PM
I understand Flyngby. Maybe when it comes time for us to head down there we can meet up near Davey's (only place I know in the harbor). Until then, keep them lines tight!

POSTAL
05-09-2007, 03:52 PM
nice fish and handlebars :shock: .Looks like a hot spot for ya in the nph!

one_leg
05-09-2007, 04:16 PM
Nice report :!:

The sandy beach and palms in the background of pics 12 and 13 are a dead giveaway.

It is in NPH, that is all I'll say.

Congrats.

One_Leg

Halibut Dude
05-09-2007, 06:22 PM
I was going there that day i i ended up going to TJ sucky ima go again this weeked wooo

Halibut Dude
05-09-2007, 10:05 PM
Woo i just found out imna go there tommrow!!!! cHYEA

flyngby
05-10-2007, 10:38 PM
Hey butt-dude did u go today??

mudshark
05-10-2007, 11:30 PM
Yes, that is a good spot been there many times myself, but never had a day like that, nice catch.

Halibut Dude
05-11-2007, 03:23 PM
Hey butt-dude did u go today??

Damn right i went :D

SwisherFisher
05-12-2007, 01:21 PM
I GOTTA CHECK THIS SPOT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Troutman65
05-12-2007, 06:03 PM
Nice report and pics. There are plenty of places to fish NH .Just have to get out and explore. Thanks for the post.

SwisherFisher
05-12-2007, 09:39 PM
do swim baits work well at newport?????
if so what colors????
good lookin

chrislxf
05-12-2007, 11:20 PM
flyngby, thanks for sharing the location with us.

Finally got the nasty skun I had on Balboa Pier today. It was a great day today. Nice weather. Was that u on the dock w/ a kid. I didn't go on the beach because it was a bit crowded. Anyhow, u guys should definitely check out the spot. It is HOT...... :lol:

http://www.myhomework.us/files/DSC00510.JPG
http://www.myhomework.us/files/IMG_0318_low.JPG

Anyway, tight line guys

flyngby
05-13-2007, 01:12 AM
Yes Chrislxf that was us. You owe me for that spottie! Your Tuna Pole almost went in the water twice and I had a hard time getting your attention to let u know as you were picking up the your stuff. If it had not been so crowded you would have been welcome.

FYI the others on the dock have known it for 20 years.

Glad you found it!

Good luck too all the others and as U and WE did Return them to be enjoyed again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chrislxf
05-13-2007, 09:47 AM
Yeah, thanks man. I knew that cod was gonna bite again there because I lost him like 20 min.s ago on my really light pole. She literally rip the line in half. And I was trying to fold my stupid chair when I saw u. That piece of waste I got from walmart is a pain in the butt. I ended up shuffling it in my sedan, I wonder how I did it afterward but I did. Well, me, my wife ,and my cousin had a greate time. See u guys around. Those guys on the dock, were they brothers? They look alike.

tight line guys.