PDA

View Full Version : Change the name of this forum?

gavin310
01-07-2008, 11:18 PM
I love trapping crustaceans, and that also means crawfish. I'm thinking maybe we could change the name of this forum to "Lobster, Crab, and Other Crustaceans" or something? This forum is biased towards the ocean and I'm deeply offended!!! :D

Granny Fish
01-08-2008, 09:11 AM
Crawdads should go under the fresh water section. :wink:

gavin310
01-08-2008, 09:45 AM
But this isn't the Saltwater board, its the only crustacean board we have here :)

BakoBassin
01-08-2008, 10:11 AM
Would crotch crickets be covered in this forum?

sansou
01-08-2008, 10:14 AM

Rendezvous Section.

BakoBassin
01-08-2008, 10:24 AM

Rendezvous Section.
Well played, sir :banana:

one_leg
01-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Crawdads should go under the fresh water section. :wink:

But this isn't the Saltwater board, its the only crustacean board we have here :)

All she said was, "Crawdads should go under the fresh water section."

In essence, I think Grannyfish was agreeing with you. :|

One_Leg

gavin310
01-08-2008, 01:33 PM
Come on, who can deny these delicious mud bugs their own msg board?

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d52/gavin310/02f18867.jpg

Those are from the Santa Margarita River.

cheeseguy
01-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Where is the Santa Margarita River at?

gavin310
01-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Where I went was in Fallbrook, right on the eastern edge of Camp Pendleton. There were some pretty large (18") carp swimming around, but that was all I could see. It's not the best place for crawdads though. The best river I've been too besides the American River in Sacramento where I grew up is the Kern River. Great crawdad trapping and great trout fishing.

one_leg
01-08-2008, 03:49 PM
Where I went was in Fallbrook, right on the eastern edge of Camp Pendleton. There were some pretty large (18") carp swimming around, but that was all I could see. It's not the best place for crawdads though. The best river I've been too besides the American River in Sacramento where I grew up is the Kern River. Great crawdad trapping and great trout fishing.

Don't everyone go rape and pillage his hole all at once now, ya hear?

Hmmmmmmmmm? Maybe this thread should be in the Rendezvous section?

One_Leg

gavin310
01-08-2008, 03:56 PM
I know, a bit :offtopic: I'm just trying to show that crawdad fishing is worthy of being included in here...

lucky catch
01-10-2008, 06:53 PM
They do look tasty! :D But how do they really taste?

Granny Fish
01-10-2008, 07:35 PM
[quote="Granny Fish":a632e]Crawdads should go under the fresh water section. :wink:

All she said was, "Crawdads should go under the fresh water section."

In essence, I think Grannyfish was agreeing with you. :|

One_Leg[/quote:a632e]

Thanks for the back up O_L. :wink:

I understand what you're saying gavin, about them being included in the lot of crustaceans. Most just post their craw catches in the freshwater section. I don't think there are a lot of anglers here who target craws, but some do, we've seen about one or two reports in the last year.

If you're serious about the heading being changed to reflect crustaceans you should send a PM to Fisherman57 and ask.

sansou
01-10-2008, 10:36 PM
What about the mollusks lovers? What about them, huh? Why discriminate against the FNN molluskers?

Granny Fish
01-10-2008, 11:09 PM
What about the mollusks lovers? What about them, huh? Why discriminate against the FNN molluskers?

Yes - Of course "You" would be complaining about the lack of a mollusk board.... :roll: Lets see some of those mouth watering pics, Sansou. :P

sansou
01-10-2008, 11:12 PM

Yes - Of course "You" would be complaining about the lack of a mollusk board.... :roll: Lets see some of those mouth watering pics, Sansou. :P

Query: Is there an emoticon for sarcasm?

one_leg
01-10-2008, 11:15 PM
I used to love harvesting and eating abalone with my friends, until we ate most of them and they closed the fishery.

Now I just hope they let us take em again someday in the near future. 8)

One_Leg

BakoBassin
01-11-2008, 07:43 AM
I used to love harvesting and eating abalone with my friends, until we ate most of them and they closed the fishery.

Now I just hope they let us take em again someday in the near future. 8)

One_Leg
I used to love just yankin the meat out of them and making ash trays.

pierrebear
01-11-2008, 05:34 PM
How about a message board for those of us who catch more than their fair share of seagulls and pelicans?

Beeracuda211
01-11-2008, 06:12 PM
What about the ones who like to catch a buzz as well... can we have a beer section? LOL

B/C

sansou
01-11-2008, 11:25 PM
"Lobster, Crab Fishing, Crayfish, Mollusks & Various Birds and Buzz Catchers"

....anyone else feel left out or discriminated upon now?

Speak up now or forever hold your peace.

diamondbear
01-13-2008, 03:37 PM
Lets not forget about the FNN MOLLUSKERS , We need to change the name to Lobster and Crab fishing and Abalone Chasing . Its a big deal up on the north coast . Just because granny asked to see some mouth watering pics I pulled out one of two abalone dinners out of the freezer , the last one going to One - Leg , as hes a true abalone lover iam sure . Iam going to chow down this week sometime [ pics to fallow ] heres some pics from seasons past , Im planning my 2008 spring abalone chase right now , we need some FNNers from south. cal. [ that like cold water ] to go with me and UNIT and be heard , lol // db