PDA

View Full Version : I just got a noodle rod and i don't know if i should have...

gavin310
01-05-2008, 01:39 PM
I just bought a Kencor 9' noodle rod. It's the QNZ NOODLE 90, 4-12lb line, lure wt. 1/4-5/8oz. I surf fish mostly with either a lure or 2oz. pyramid weight. I wanted a flexible rod, but I think this might be too much? I'm new to this, so I'd love to get some opinions. If it's a decent rod for what I'm using it for I'll keep it, but if not I guess I should return it. Thanks :)

gavin310
01-05-2008, 02:05 PM
I forgot to say... the rod was about $80 and I'd really like to keep it in that price range if I get another rod :)

sansou
01-05-2008, 02:12 PM
Not so sure if you want a super slow action parabolic rod like that for the surf.... Just my 2 cents.

cappo
01-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Its not really the surf type rod. Go for a Shimano Clarus, theyre about $60.

bsp
01-05-2008, 07:42 PM
This would make an amazing corbina rod for the summer, but I would definitely return it if you want to throw 2oz pyramid sinkers. It would probably snap.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
01-07-2008, 08:02 AM
IF ITS A SPINNING ROD ,YOU WILL HAVE A BLAST WITH THE BONITA. I USE MINE TO THROW SMALL KAST MASTERS, AND LITTLE HARD BAITS. IT ALSO DOUBLES USING A FLOAT WITH AN 8 FT. LEADER. IVE CAUGHT LARGE MOUTH BASS UP TO 5 LBS. ,WITH THE FLOAT SET UP DRIFTING NIGHT CRAWLERS.AS WELL AS HALIBUTS,CROAKERS AND SMELT..LETTING THE FLOAT DRIFT MY LIVE GHOST SHRIMP,LIVE SMELT OR DEAD ANCOVIES. THIS IS DONE FOR STEEL HEAD UP NORTH. THE LONGER ROD WILL ABSORBE THE FIGHT OF LARGER FISH, USING SMALLER DIA LINE, AND STILL FEEL GOOD, ON SMALL FISH . IF YOU WANT TO THROW HEAVIER WIEGHTS, THAT IS NOT THE ROD YOU SHOULD USE. TRY.A MED. HEAVY LIKE THE FENWICK IM7. 8'.5" I HAVE THE SPINNING, AND CASTING MODELS IN MED AND MED HEAVY. THEY BOTH THROW 3/4 TO 1.5OZ ,OUT OF SIGHT. HOPE THIS HELPS, AND GOOD LUCK ON YOUR SEARCH. MIKE THE PMB.....

gavin310
01-07-2008, 11:23 PM
Alright, yeah, dumb uninformed purchase on my part :) I returned it...