PDA

View Full Version : Newspaper scan of Casitas LMB

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-03-2008, 12:25 PM
Ahhh, the memories...this newspaper posted up my photo twice in the same edition....they did it up in the turners fish reports too and brag board !....got an e-mail from the president of turners as well...
Thought I'd post it up....I also have a certificate from the California Fish & Game to certify the catch in their records...[attachment=1:ce554]newscasitas1.jpg[/attachment:ce554][attachment=0:ce554]newscasitas2.jpg[/attachment:ce554]

HUNTW/SWIMBAIT
01-03-2008, 12:33 PM
try to catch one like that on artificials next time.(its more challenging) :secret:

one_leg
01-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Who is that hot blonde in the Ojai section?

I remember when you caught that pig. Prepare to surrender that Jacket to TM65 Gary.

One_Leg

BakoBassin
01-03-2008, 12:43 PM
Are there any tricks to using crawdads? I've considered trying them some time, but was afraid I'd be wasting my money.

one_leg
01-03-2008, 12:48 PM
You aren't gonna be able to use them at Casitas anyways, with the restrictions coming due to Quagga Mussels.

One_Leg

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-03-2008, 12:57 PM
try to catch one like that on artificials next time.(its more challenging) :secret:

It's about catching them....don't hate on the methods used...I've got 'em over 13 lbs on plastics...it's about catching the hawgs......though I do prefer using artificials, I'll use whatever means are available to tempt the hawgs into biting...anyone who overlooks bait at certain times of the year is overlooking the opportunity to catch a hawg of a lifetime....or are you suggesting I don't have artificial skills ???

Hmnn...I wonder if I could catch a bass on an artificial ?....I smell a challenge !!!!

BakoBassin
01-03-2008, 01:00 PM
I smell a challenge !!!!
I smell a message board hazing...or a deleted thread :group:

one_leg
01-03-2008, 01:00 PM
CLick Click Click Click Click

O_L

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-03-2008, 01:06 PM
heres just a couple caught on plastics my friend....

2 nights in a row.....just a couple...there are many....what ya say ?????????????????[attachment=2:7000c]Lagoon_hawg_over 13 lbs september 6th (1).jpg[/attachment:7000c][attachment=1:7000c]Lagoon_hawg_over 13 lbs september 6th (2).jpg[/attachment:7000c]
And the next night, I returned for another toad...dropshot roboworm....hmnnn, I wondered if I could get 'em on that ?

PHISHnutS
01-03-2008, 01:19 PM
You aren't gonna be able to use them at Casitas anyways, with the restrictions coming due to Quagga Mussels.

One_Leg

Yep, live crawdads will soon be a thing of the past like waterdawgs....zebra mussels suk!

BakoBassin
01-03-2008, 01:21 PM
Oil well...

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-03-2008, 02:05 PM

One_Leg

Yep, live crawdads will soon be a thing of the past like waterdawgs....zebra mussels suk!
Yeah that kinda sucks, at the right time, they were a big bass favorite there at that lake...well at least I tapped into it while I could last year...I'd still strongly recomend them in some of the lakes where they are allowed, but only at the right time of season...
Flyline them suckas and crown hook 'em with a #1 owner mosquito hook, stitch them when possible but some structures will cause them to snag up when stitching...when they start snagging, don't put pressure on 'em, allow them to crawl out of the snag, that usually works. the best method I've found is to kinda let them crawl around on the bottom and every once in a while pull them up off the bottom and let them get "riled up" and settle back down...let the bass run with 'em and set the hook with a vengeance ! "drive the steel home"
Trust me...they work, think about it, its a natural food source for them, of course they are going to eat 'em, certain times of the year they work better though, for example you wouldn't want to be fishing them when the bass are on a full shad bite which is pretty common right now, in fact, it's "all shad oriented" right now at that lake.
Try 'em, you might be pleasantly surprised, just care for them properly and don't submerge them completely while keeping them in a bait tank, only about an inch of water or so, otherwise they will sufficate themselves from the carbon dioxide.
Good luck,
Gary

BakoBassin
01-03-2008, 02:14 PM
Cool, thanks Gary.

I've noticed they work well during the dog days of summer. See the catch and keep guys at Success and Kaweah do well with them. Quite a few incidental, larger model cats as well.

basscatcher
01-03-2008, 03:33 PM
nice hogs and great job getting on the paper.

God Bless

basscatcher

DarkShadow
01-03-2008, 03:43 PM

Hahahah, errrrrrrrrrr.

Which reminds me, I need to check my nightcrawler stock.

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-03-2008, 03:45 PM

Let me know how it's doing....mine is running low

DarkShadow
01-03-2008, 03:58 PM

Let me know how it's doing....mine is running low

No, no, you know how most people invest in pork bellies, or frozen concentrated orange juice?

I invest in the nightcrawler industry. It is up quite a bit per barrel in the commodities market.

Very lucrative investment year around, especially when the bass aren't hitting artificials in the summer.

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/2755/hahagg7.jpg

See the spike during the shadless years? :wink:

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-03-2008, 04:22 PM
Which reminds me, I need to check my nightcrawler stock.[/quote]
Let me know how it's doing....mine is running low[/quote]

No, no, you know how most people invest in pork bellies, or frozen concentrated orange juice?

I invest in the nightcrawler industry. It is up $4.25 a dozen in the commodities market.

Very lucrative investment year around, especially when the bass aren't hitting artificials in the summer.

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1876/hahatx0.jpg

See the spike? :wink:[/quote]
Very nice, I thought you were refering to your nightcrawler supplies at home,given this new insight in the nightcrawler markets, peak profit spikes, I think I need to upgrade my portfolios in this 1st quarter !

P.S.
I get your hidden meaning behind the comment

nismotech91
01-03-2008, 08:20 PM
You the man Gary! Some people will never catch such a hog in there lifetime.

sansou
01-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Very nice bass Gletthemfeel.

Now how about C&Ring the UCLA special edition Member's Only jacket! :D

jeff4321
01-04-2008, 06:41 PM
MAKEEE EMMMM BLEEEEDDDDD

steve092
01-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Nice fish!

one_leg
01-08-2008, 03:42 PM
MAKEEE EMMMM BLEEEEDDDDD

:twisted: MAKEEE EMMMM BLEEEEDDDDD!!!!!!!! :twisted:

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-08-2008, 05:53 PM
Very nice bass Gletthemfeel.

Now how about C&Ring the UCLA special edition Member's Only jacket! :D

Thanks, It's my personal best so far..

I wouldn't look for that jacket to be retired anytime soon though, in fact, I think it's had more airtime and success than the actual UCLA team themselves.
I'd strongly suggest getting one, spill some blood on it and let the jacket do the rest !

I'll actually be starting a new customized line of them, I don't think walmart will be stocking them though, look for them on http://www.bloodsoakedspecialties.com.
I'll put you on their mailing list..
Gary

Ray Lopez
01-09-2008, 03:07 PM
you have the Holy Shi* look on your face in that pic gary it's a classic :shock:

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-09-2008, 03:31 PM
you have the Holy Shi* look on your face in that pic gary it's a classic :shock:

Ask me about that fish ! I'll reproduce that look instantly...that sucka was larger than life....still trips me out when I think of it...those Bass at Casitas are real long for their weight...look at the lenght & girth...it's amazing

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-09-2008, 04:43 PM

I remember when you caught that pig. Prepare to surrender that Jacket to TM65 Gary.

One_Leg

Prepare to surender the jacket ? NEVER....never surrender....I'll wager it !

breeze71
01-10-2008, 03:50 PM

One_Leg

I'll wager you that jacket will be slowing the boat down twenty feet out & five feet deep the next time we're out together. :mrgreen: And guess who's gonna cut the line when we're finished? lol

p.s. 50% on 02/02

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-10-2008, 05:33 PM

One_Leg

I'll wager you that jacket will be slowing the boat down twenty feet out & five feet deep the next time we're out together. :mrgreen: And guess who's gonna cut the line when we're finished? lol

p.s. 50% on 02/02
So your saying it's a drift sock huh ? ahhh buddy....we'll see how quickly your view changes about the bloodsoaked yellow & blue......but ya gotta get on the water to do that.....and thats a challenge my friend...I'll talk to ya soon (answer ya phone)

crivera175
01-11-2008, 09:48 AM
that is one monster :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-11-2008, 10:38 AM

so are those girls in your avatar...wow...theyre hot !

crivera175
01-11-2008, 11:00 AM

want to me one :banana: imagine there panties :banana: how would you like to make tea you of thoses things :banana:

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-11-2008, 11:13 AM

want to me one :banana: imagine there panties :banana: how would you like to make tea you of thoses things :banana:
You could always use them for a sail on your boat !

Hitts0n
01-13-2008, 01:58 PM
u should have made that thing bleed!