PDA

View Full Version : 12/31/07 NBU Solo on the Victory

k3vin_kim
01-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Called up Joe and let him know that I was going to be flying solo today. Just to do a little meditation and reflection on the past year. Pretty light load on the victory about 20 guys. Deckhand Jeff was in need of a little help with bagging and freezing the fresh dead squid so I elected to do most of the dirty work. Jeff's got a bad knee and he gets winded pretty easily. (besides, i was using the rain check that capt. George gave me so it was only right to pull my share of the chores).

The first couple of stops didn't produce much. I think the first 3 stops landed about 3 fish. One nice 3 pound sand bass, another nice 3 pound male sheephead and a big sculpin.

Before we knew it, it was already 12 noon and nothing special happened. As we moved from inside to go a little deeper, i noticed some dude taking massive amounts of pictures. It was none other than the famous... NO THE INFAMOUS JapanRon. Yup, Tsurikichi himself - in the flesh.

We chopped it up for a while and talked about FNN and techniques for fishing plastic and this that and the other.

What a way to end the year. Fishing with the legend himself. (you didn't get to show me those tatoo's Ron~!)

The latter part of the day we hit the motherload of whitefish spots. Dropper loop with size 4 hook in about 70 feet of water. This spot was plentiful of fish that would be off limits the following day. They weren't the BIGGEST fish that you'll ever see but just the fact that we won't be allowed to keep them for the next 2 months kept my level of excitement high and my reel constantly turning.

My count of the last day of the year was
6 whitefish
2 sheephead
2 sculpin
1 treefish
1 rock with salad on it - weighed about 7 pounds... right Ron?

BTw, sorry I didn't take any other pictures, maybe ron you can post some up.

ghetto dad
01-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Great report K3vin, good job.....good to see youre still around bro......LOL at you noticing at NOON that japan ron was on the boat.....lol!!! take it easy bro, i hope your 2008 is great......peace

GD

one_leg
01-02-2008, 02:32 PM
Way to Rep the NBU K3vin Kim!

Ron is a lot of fun to fish with! I still got what I owe you Ron. I haven't forgotten!

One_Leg

hakaveli
01-02-2008, 02:42 PM
good job out there

victor101
01-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the report K3VIN! Unfortunately, I was not able to stock up the freezer on rockfish before the end of the season.

Troutman65
01-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Nice going .

Thanks for the report.

Happy New Year

TM65

JapanRon
01-02-2008, 08:06 PM
Hi k3vin-kim,

Thanks for the backup there buddy. I suspect you skimpped a little on your report .... knowing I'd be following along with my take on 12/31 and 01/02 trips together later.

Great job on all those fish !! I don't think I got shots of the better grade one!

Appreciate the time together at the rail ... you represent NBU and for that matter ... the quality of peeps here at FNN I've had occasion to meet ....very well indeed !! I've got tons of pics on both trips ..... you shoulda been on todays trip .... we WHACKED the Sculpin ... Boat limits of Good sized fish !! I got my fourth BSB in 2 months !! Yep .... all on the plastic no Squid, no scent, no gulp! in my corner !! ha ha ha ha I caught a number of nice Sandbass too. Tough with everyone else slinging fresh dead Squid!!

Maybe our other board buddy on the boat will chime in !!

Report tomorrow,

thanks for the bright spot on a day I got skunked on real fish!! Tatoos next time for sure.

JapanRon

tykim717
01-03-2008, 06:54 AM
nice going kevin. it was too windy up here to make it out. i've got some halibut trips in the planning....i'll let you know!

Funjunkie74
01-03-2008, 07:46 AM
Not too shabby!!

:rofl:

Granny Fish
01-03-2008, 08:20 AM
Sounds like you had a good time out there. You make me want to go party boating. :lol: :twisted: Well, maybe one day. :wink:

http://www.fishingnetwork.net/forum1/download.php?id=9491

I like the picture..."The Legend and the Rookie" :lol: I have to ask... where are all the fish pictures? Let the blood flow! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

KILL - KILL - KILL
SLAY - SLAY - SLAY

ghetto dad
01-03-2008, 03:51 PM
dang, she called k3vin a rookie,,,,lol......

sansou
01-03-2008, 05:57 PM
Good job Kev Kim!

See you around the freshwater one of these days??

ghetto dad
01-03-2008, 06:02 PM
it would be nice sansou if you would reply on our reports too....youre not a nice man...lol

sansou
01-03-2008, 06:15 PM
it would be nice sansou if you would reply on our reports too....youre not a nice man...lol

:?: :?:

Now you complain I don't comment on your egomaniacal fishing write-ups????

ghetto dad
01-03-2008, 06:20 PM

:?: :?:

Now you complain I don't comment on your egomaniacal fishing write-ups????

you reply on kevins egomaniacal fishing write ups!!! well get you out with us one day sansou....

GD

sansou
01-03-2008, 06:59 PM
well get you out with us one day sansou....

GD

I dunno....cause the avatars you guys have are, like, uh, really scary and stuff. Not sure if I can hang with the professional 1/2 day turd roller crowd.... Plus, that might mean I will be relegated to driving One_Leg on the way up to the L.A. landings your posse dominates at.

one_leg
01-03-2008, 07:03 PM
well get you out with us one day sansou....

GD

I dunno....cause the avatars you guys have are, like, uh, really scary and stuff. Not sure if I can hang with the professional 1/2 day turd roller crowd.... Plus, that might mean I will be relegated to driving One_Leg on the way up to the L.A. landings your posse dominates at.

YIKES! YIKES! YIKES!......j/k

O_L

ghetto dad
01-03-2008, 07:08 PM
i wonder how that grafitti removal is coming at the lake.......

GD

one_leg
01-03-2008, 07:09 PM

GD

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/wurtlass.gif

Oz
01-03-2008, 07:32 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :finger: to all the haters :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh btw great job out there kevin 8)

ghetto dad
01-03-2008, 07:35 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :finger: to all the haters :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh btw great job out there kevin 8)

D I T T O

GD

sansou
01-03-2008, 07:37 PM

GD

Kinda pathetic huh?

You wouldn't happen to know who the author is, would you GhettoDad? :wink:

ghetto dad
01-03-2008, 07:40 PM
no, sorry man....all i know is that dude looked real happy and satisfied.... :wink:

Oz
01-03-2008, 07:42 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :secret: :rofl:

sansou
01-03-2008, 07:45 PM
no, sorry man....all i know is that dude looked real happy and satisfied.... :wink:

Ahh, I see, a friend of yours.

Well, ya know how the saying goes...."birds of a feather...." :wink:

ymin72
01-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Relax guys, it is after all, ONLY fishing.

Too much DRAMA for this guy to handle.

Oz
01-03-2008, 07:55 PM
mike, did u come out of the witness protection program just to say that??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

k3vin_kim
01-03-2008, 07:57 PM
Thanks dudes and grannyfish for all the feed back.

I just PM'd Ron so hopefully he can post up some pics of the carnage that day.

See you guys next weekend on the spit.

ghetto dad
01-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Thanks dudes and grannyfish for all the feed back.

I just PM'd Ron so hopefully he can post up some pics of the carnage that day.

See you guys next weekend on the spit.

looking forward to it brother........i hope you and your girls are doing great man.....peace

GD

Oz
01-03-2008, 08:00 PM
u going with us kevin next week???

ok will be awaiting the picz

one_leg
01-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Happy Happy k3vin, see ya on the water.

O_L